What is clean eating diet?
Many people have been looking for different ways to stay fit and live healthy. Whether you tried the plan based diet or followed the cooking light diet reviews, eating healthy and well can have many faces. Some choose to go vegan while others prefer a detox way of life.
Those who might be overweight or obese may decide to follow a fat burning diet to have a lighter body and a happier life. While some go towards weight loss pills, like the Phentermine diet pills, others pick a naturalistic way of living. When you read about the different reviews of clean eating, you get the curiosity to know more about this diet and its guidelines.
A clean eating diet is a simple way of living out of natural simple food while staying away from refined and processed food choices. Your meal plan will consist of whole grains, fruits and veggies. This is not a muscle building system like the engine 2 diet review. This is a way to cleanse your body and days from the food choices that could cause damage to the normal flow of the physiological processes. Among the many recommended healthy diets, the clean eating system remains a pioneer.
The plan of the clean eating diet
Just like for any dietary system, the clean eating system has many guidelines. When you take a look at the before and after results that people, who followed the diet, are posting, you will understand the beneficial pros of the system. Many studies have linked clean eating to optimal health. As a matter of fact, regimen that are dominated by a high consumption of fruits and veggies will help you move away from many chronic diseases and prevent them. High blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, and most heart diseases are preventable due to a proper way of eating.
Here are the roots of this system:
- The diet is a simple way of life. So, do not complicate your life while looking for strange recipes and breakfast ideas.
- You are not to eat a disoriented diet that will twist your food groups and eliminate some major macronutrients.
- You are to eat clean foods that are real. So, you will eliminate any processed, refined and handled food choices. This can be a little tricky, especially with the industrialization of the processes. One cannot easily get hold of such simple food.
- When you go on a clean eating diet, you will not be asked to take in very few calories.
- When you are requested to stay away from processed food, this means anything that has added ingredients to it, altered from its natural form, and manufactured in a lab. Genetically modified veggies, even if they are organic, are not allowed. Jars of pasta sauces that are claimed to organic are not allowed either. If your food has salt, sugar or fat added to it, it is considered processed. Refined bread that is made of whole grains whose germs were removed is also not clean.
- When following a clean eating, you need to follow the proper food list of items allowed.
- Indulge in the following food: fresh fruits and veggies that haven’t been tampered. Eat a lot fo dried legumes like beans. Try to have nuts as your favorite snack choices, and opt for eggs that are farm-raised. These are the most natural kinds of food.
- You can also add foods that are not very processed. These are referred to as “minimally processed food”. They include: whole wheat bread, pasta, popcorn, quinoa, brown rice, frozen veggies, dairy food that are hormone-free and oils.
- You are advised to have organic foods that are free from pesticides.
- Do not overeat. Even though you are eating healthy food, it still has calories. Moderation is always the key to your health.
- You can still eat some processed food; but go for the ones with the minimum amount of ingredients on the label. Always ask yourself about the origin of the food you picked. You do need to know the ingredients. If there is anything that you are not familiar with, it means that this food is not your right choice.
The best recipes for the clean eating diet
Unlike many diets such as the 30 days diet plan and the 7 day diet, clean eating can be a little bit tricky at the beginning. But, once you get used to the system, it will become as simple as pouring a glass of water. Here are a few recipes that could help you out. You can even invest in a good vegetarian cookbook.
Breakfast options: There are several ideas that fit a clean diet. Here are something you should consider.
- A bowl of Greek yogurt topped with cheerios, and berries. You may add some nuts like chopped almonds, pecan and walnuts.
- A couple of slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and bananas, on top of a Greek yogurt bowl.
- Waffles prepared with whole grains flour and topped with Greek yogurt, some blueberries and chopped nuts.
- A muffin made of whole wheat flour, eggs whites and low fat cheese with a side of fruits.
- The yogurt parfait that is made of yogurt, cheerios and chunks of fruits.
Lunch Options: There are numerous lunches that fit the clean criteria of dieting. These include:
- The bean salad with quinoa, and grilled chicken. You can take a bowl of fruits on the side.
- Whole wheat bread slices, with mustard, low fat cheese, veggies, and turkey.
- Beans and corn salad with grilled chicken and some fresh fruits.
- Avocados stuffed with crab meat and chopped onions.
- Whole wheat pita bread with pesto, cheese and grilled chicken.
Dinner Options: Your dinner is always the most consistent meal of the day. Here are some choices:
- Chicken soup with brown rice and tortilla chips.
- Brown rice topped with grilled shrimps, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Pasta topped with grilled salmon and a side of veggies. This meal would probably be one of the preferred for Jackie Warner.
- Grilled salmon fillet with a side of Greek yogurt mixed with dill and garlic
- Fried rice with eggs, shrimps and some beans
While you might be getting the perfect grocery list, the way you prepare and cook your meals makes a big difference in how clean the food remains. Keep in mind that when you fix your food, you need to preserve the integrity of the food. While cooking at high temperature might affect some nutrients, it could increase the concentration of others. For example, when you cook a vegetable that contains Vitamin C, most of its vitamin C content will be lost due to heat. On the other side, tomatoes increase their lycopene concentrations when cooked. Due to this fact, it is advised to eat veggies and fruits in both raw and cooked forms. But, make sure you avoid deep frying and over-cooking. You may want to start looking at steaming your food and stir-frying it. This will help preserve nutritional content. For following up how some celebrities are trying to make changes to their lifestyles, you can take a look at Tosca Reno and Ashy Bines.
Clean eating diet menu plan
While the Adipex diet pills could help some to lose weight, others prefer a more naturalistic method, which is dieting. When you pick the clean eating path, you are deciding to gather your mess and toss it out. You will not have to ask what is the beach body diet. The clean method is very simple and well-structured.
Here is what your day might look like when you are following the clean diet system.
Breakfast: a cup of Greek yogurt that is non-fat with a quarter cup of muesli and a quarter cup of blueberries.
Your morning snack will be two clementines.
Lunch will consist of and avocado with an egg fried with olive oil and a side of a salad made of greens, carts and cucumbers.
In the afternoon, you can have some dried apricots and or dinner you will have a cup of beets salad with some tangerines and pistachios. On the side, you can have a grilled chicken breast with some salt and pepper.
Your breakfast will be made of a cup of Greek yogurt with some blueberries and oat fakes. Make sure your fruit is organic to minimize the toxins you get your body exposed to.
Your morning snack can be many dried apricots or even some dried cranberries.
For lunch, you can have a salad made of chickpeas and greens. You can top your salad with some walnuts.
For an afternoon snack, you can have two fruits of your choice.
As for dinner, you can have a lentil and squash soup with some brown rice on the side. You can also have instead of the soup some grilled fish with grilled green beans and pesto that has no preservatives. You can even prepare your own pesto at home. This food is by no way similar to the F-Factor diet reviews.