Eating ice cream every day, and losing weight. Does that sound interesting? Is that healthy? Is there any harm in pursuing this type of diet? We will try to provide you with the answers to these and many more questions, and allow you to judge for yourself, if an Ice Cream Diet is a diet for you.
What is The Three Day Ice Cream Diet
The Three Day Ice Cream Diet is diet based on eating ice cream. You can eat a moderate portion of ice cream every day, as long as you stick with healthy, low-calorie meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ice cream is high in calcium and may help keep dieters from feeling deprived while following an otherwise nutritious eating plan.
The Ice Cream Diet recommends that dieters eat a total of 1,250 calories plus one serving of ice cream per day, for a total of 1,500 calories per day. Sample meals may include a half bagel with cream cheese and a cup of fruit salad for breakfast, two slices of roast beef with lettuce and tomato and reduced-fat mayonnaise, low-fat milk and fruit as a snack, and one slice of veggie pizza with a side salad for dinner. Another form of the diet claims to be a “military diet” – although there doesn’t seem to be any proof that this is factual. Forget about Keto diets and caveman diet meal plans.
Ice Cream Diet: Is it healthy?
The secret to the diet is the calcium. A recent study found that overweight people who took a calcium supplement lost 26 percent more body weight, and 38 percent more fat than those who ate the same reduced-calorie diet, minus the supplement. Another group in the study received calcium by eating three or four servings of dairy products totaling 1,200 or 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day, and lost 70 percent more weight, and 64 percent more fat on a high-dairy diet. Have you ever heard of the halo top ice cream? Well, now is the right time to start exploring it. Stop shopping for fat free or sugar free food. Now you have an exciting way to lose weight.
Experts say calcium helps people lose weight because when your body doesn’t get enough calcium, it triggers fat cells to store fat and get bigger. In addition, ice cream helps satisfy dieters’ cravings, so they do not feel as strong an urge to binge.
When you’re burning more calories than you consume, you create a calorie deficit, causing weight loss. Whether you’re eating ice cream or not, you will lose weight if you achieve this balance. The Ice Cream Diet recommends the same 1500 calorie diet for everyone, which may not be healthy in your particular case. Your doctor may recommend a different diet based on your specific weight-loss needs. On top of that, a 2005. study by the Centre of Neuroimaging Sciences at the Institute of Psychiatry in London found that consuming ice cream can make you happy, as it lights up the brain’s pleasure zones.
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre has warned that attempting to religiously follow a fad diet can cause poor long-term weight control, increase your risk of developing chronic diseases and diminish your athletic ability.
An example of a 3 day Ice Cream Diet
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Healthy eating and slow loss of weight are an ideal weight loss method. In 3 days you can lose 5 pounds by using the meals from the list. Unlike the Dukan diet, the ice cream diet is planned in such a way.
The Ice Cream Diet 3 Day 1
- 1 grapefruit
2 thin slices bread
1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ cup cottage cheese and half a tin of canned fish
2 slices of bread
- 150 grams, meat or chicken
1 bowl salad
2 carrots in a bowl
1 cup sugar-free vanilla ice cream
The Ice Cream Diet 3 Day 2
- 1 fat-free baked fried eggs
2 slices bread
half medium banana
- 1 canned tuna or 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 slices of bread
- 150 grams of lean meat or chicken
2 salad bowl
1 cup carrot
half a banana
1 cup sugar-free ice cream
The Ice Cream Diet 3 Day 3.
- 4 incised
1 slice cheese
- 1 egg cooked without oil in a pan
2 slices of bread
- 1 box canned tuna or feta cheese in a bowl.
1 cup carrot
1 bowl salad
1 cup vanilla ice cream
It is recommended to use a multivitamin/mineral supplement that includes 400 IU of vitamin D to help absorb calcium. You won’t need calcium supplements, because this diet supplies all that you need.
Exercise is also included in the Ice Cream Diet to give you maximum weight loss results. There is a basic exercise plan given that most anyone can follow.
While on the Ice Cream Diet, it is recommended that you aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise three to five days per week. Strength training is recommended for 20 minutes two to three days per week.
This is the plan laid out for those that are just beginning to exercise. As you progress, you will need to increase the aerobic activity up to 45 to 60 minutes five times per week. Your strength training will increase to 30 minutes two to three days per week.
Ice Cream Diet to loss weight: pros and cons
Every diet has good and bad characteristics. In relation to this diet there are different opinions, some are for and some are against this diet.
- Allows you to eat ice cream everyday
- Includes a 1500-calorie per day diet and exercise plan
- Studies show that increased calcium consumption facilitates weight loss
- Includes recipes
- Teaches portion control
- Helps to avoid feelings of diet deprivation
- Author is credentialed
- Some complaints that the book offers no new information
- Some may find it difficult to have just one serving of ice cream at a time
- Fits criteria for a fad diet
- Not applicable to those who are lactose-intolerant or who have a dairy allergy
Ice cream diet meal plan: a sample
In this diet, we have some rules, which we need to follow. Here are some examples:
- Do not use any ketchup or other condiments.
- Do not use too much salt. You can use as many other spices as you like.
- Using mint will curb your appetite.
- Do not drink diet soda. You can drink sugar-free mixed drinks, such as Crystal Light punch, but if you drink one glass of Crystal Light, make sure to drink a glass of water. Your body processes water differently. This diet is a lot about flushing your system. So keep the bad stuff out as much as possible even if it has no calories.
- It is very important that you do not stay on this diet for more than ten days. If you do it for ten days, you need to take 4 days off after the first three days and eat normally. Eat less than 2,000 calories on those days and do not eat sugar or white flour. Then you can do the diet for another three days.
- Take a vitamin before you go to bed each night. Taking it in the morning may increase your appetite You can drink as much tea as you like, however, watch the coffee and do not use any creamer or milk. (Coffee can affect your blood sugar negatively, resulting in fatigue and making you less eager to carry on with the diet.) Drinking green tea will, in fact, help your weight loss
Make sure to drink at least 10 cups of water. The warmer the water, the more it will help your goal. It is very important that you stay hydrated and that you preserve enough intake of salt.
Sleep well and do light exercises, like a long walk, bike ride, or swim. Do not do cardio or aerobic exercises. Do not overexert yourself, but do not sit on the bed and watch TV all day either.
If you do drink enough water and sleep enough, but you still get dizzy, headaches, cold sweats, palpitation, or feel unwell, stop the diet and eat. Every metabolism is different and no short term goal is worth making yourself sick. Some people do follow low calories diets like the caveman diet meal plan. But, one has to make sure that whatever diet he or she chooses, it has to make them feel good.
How to make diet ice cream?
If you are wondering how you could make an ice cream that will help you enjoy, while loosing weight, here are some recipes for these tasty treats:
Hazelnut Dark Chocolate
(approx. 12 ½-cup servings
- ½ cup blanched hazelnuts
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt*
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 cups 1% chocolate milk*
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a blender or food processor, puree hazelnuts, dates, salt, and cocoa powder until a chunky paste forms.
- With blender running, slowly add yogurt, protein powder, and chocolate milk until everything is combined; stop blender.
- Add dark chocolate chunks and pulse.
Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
|Per ½-cup serving||Per ½-cup serving|
|Calories 103||Calories 300|
|Fat 4g||Fat 20g|
|Carbs 12g||Carbs 28g|
|Sugar 11g||Sugar 25g|
|Protein 5g||Protein 5g|
Eating ice cream can be sometimes viewed as off limits when you’re on a diet. But The Ice Cream Diet actually encourages you to eat low-fat ice cream on a daily basis. You may also find low carb options. Forget about carb cycling diet menu, this diet is a one of a kind.
Unlike the Shepherd’s diet food list, recent studies have suggested that consuming calcium-rich foods can speed up weight loss. Calcium-rich foods have also been associated with reducing colon cancer risk, reducing bloating and lowering blood pressure.
And while this diet is commended for its incorporation of an exercise plan and its overall healthy meal plan, it has a bit of a fad diet feel to it. Plus those who are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy are simply out of luck and will have to look elsewhere for a weight loss plan. You may also take a look at what is the Primal diet and even look around for liquid diet recipes.