What is the eat to live diet?
“Eat to live” is a book developed by Dr. Joel Fuhrman who promises people who buy his book and follow his system to lose more than twenty pounds. There are numerous diets out there aiming at helping people look and feel better. For example, the belly fat diet plan helps people have a perfectly fit belly area. But, for those who follow the” eat to live diet”; they are in for many benefits. This system does not just allow people to lose weight; but, they also help them shake off these extra pounds without feeling hungry all the time. This is surely the case of the lemon diet recipe weight loss. It is always a little tough to pick the right diet. You need to keep in mind that losing weight does not necessarily have to be unhealthy. You just need to plan it well and make sure it is a well-balanced dietary system that will provide your body with the needed nutrients.
According to the writer and developer of this meal plan, when you lose weight and eat well; you have a higher tendency to carry on with your journey. However, if you feel uncomfortable and hungry all the time, you will end up giving up on the diet and going back to your old habits. This eat to live diet also help people have a healthier heart. It helps monitor and improve the person’s blood pressure, total cholesterol and many other factors. You can also check the heart healthy diet recipes.
Dr. Furman developed a six weeks plan that should be high in foods that are nutrient dense. As a result, you will be able to eat a higher quantity of food and feel less hungry. So, eat more and lose weight; but, pick the right options. In general, the system expects you to go low on carbs. You need to lower your intake in bread, sugar, pasta and oil. We can depict some similarities with the sugar detox diet.
Also, you are expected to get rid of dairy food and meats. From another angle, you are to eat abundantly grains, fruits, veggies, beans and legumes.
The eat to live diet plan
Now that you understood the system of this interestingly named diet, you have to understand exactly what you can eat and you need to avoid. Remember, this is not like the Elimination diet meal plan. It is a diet well-structured from the beginning and you need to abide by its rules.
The foods that you can have are the following. These choices are allowed to be taken in in an unlimited quantity. So, you can decide how much to eat of it as long as you are only picking these foods:
- Vegetables that are raw: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, green leaves, green pepper among many others. You might think of adding salads to your meals and add to them a lemon or vinegar dressing.
- Vegetables that are steamed or cooked like eggplants, peppers, onions, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli among many others.
- Beans and legumes are the protein part of this diet. They are high in fibers and help you feel full for a longer period of time. Also, they facilitate digestion.
- Fruits are an important part of this diet: you need to have up to four fruits every day. Fruit does not mean juices. And you should eat your fruit fresh. Stay away from canned fruits that are soaked in syrups. Also, dried fruits are not a good option as they could be sweetened.
These four subgroups are to be eaten in abundance. The second food list is that of food choices that you need to eat in small amounts. These include:
- One cup of starches that derive from veggies like potatoes. And whole grains such as rice, bread and cereals.
- Every day, you are to eat one ounce of raw nuts and seeds. Think almonds, cashews, peanuts, and walnuts.
- On a daily basis, you are advised to eat good sources of fat like avocados. You can have, on a daily basis, two ounces of avocados.
- On a daily basis, you are to have two big spoons of dried fruits.
- Also, try to eat every day one big spoon of flaxseeds.
Finally, the food choices that are off limit are the following: dairy foods, anything derived from animal source, fruit juices, and oils. You can have specific smoothies when following this weight loss system. You are not allowed to eat processed meats and even have snacks between meals. So, think three big meals throughout the day. You are free to pick the food you like from the allowed food list. The menu will be varied and can have many options.
eat to live diet recipes
Now that you have the list of food allowed and food banned, you can take a look at sample recipes to get you started.
- Vegan protein shake: this is a great recipe that needs some kale, two cups of spinach, water, two big spoons of hemp seeds, two big spoons of MCT oil, a frozen banana, some strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mint, lime juice, cocoa powder and protein powder.
- Lemon and ginger juice: all you need for this amazing recipe is a cucumber, some celery, ginger, red pepper, apples, lemon and lime. Make sure you peel both the lemon and the lime.
- Choco green smoothie: you will need some hemp seeds, water, mango, frozen banana, strawberries, spinach, chia seeds, pineapple pieces that are frozen, and cocoa powder.
- Pesto hemp dressing that you can add to a fresh salad: you need hemp seeds, basil leaves, dates, non-dairy milk that is unsweetened like the almond milk, yeast and apple cider vinegar. You can also add some diced onions and herbs.
- Banana cookies: these are great and are made of gluten-free oats, cinnamon, cocoa powder that is unsweetened, bananas, coconut oil, sunflower seeds, pecans, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Cherry popsicles: these contain organic coconut milk, frozen cherries, vanilla powder, dates and blueberries.
- Ginger carrot soup: for this sensational soup, you will need to add some chopped carrots, an onion, lentils (bot red and brown), ground cumin, red pepper, no-salt, fresh ginger that is ground or minced.
Reviews for the eat to live diet
This system is a vegetarian diet that is gluten-free. It is to be followed for six weeks; and, after this period some banned food would be lifted and you will be allowed to have some animal products. People who followed this diet like the fact that is does not cost you much. All you need to pay for is the book and the regular food that you normally buy for yourself. Also, your groceries budget will probably diminish as you will no longer buy meat and dairy. You do have the possibility to buy from the website of Dr. Furman some supplements or bars. The book does offer some recipes. For similar books, you can check the cruise control diet book.
Many like the idea that you do not need any appointment with a health care professional or a nutritionist to start following this diet. It is a simple weight loss method with no face to face interaction. You could have access to some discussion boards and tools as well as recipes if you purchase the plan from the website.
eat to live diet results
Professionals explain that people who follow this diet will surely lose weight. However, it can be tricky to follow the system for too long. After all, it is a diet that is low in calories and fat. It is also low on proteins and sodium. From another side, it is rich in fibers to help you feel full longer. While it is always a good idea to start living a plant-based diet; this system is a very restrictive one that could lead to deficiencies. You may want to take a look at the Macro diet for weight loss that is more balanced than the eat to live system. You could even learn from the Wendy williams weight loss diet that having a well-balanced diet is a golden key to good health and wellness.
People who followed this system are very satisfied with the results. They are happy to be allowed to eat unlimited amount of certain kinds of food. It makes them feel safe and secure. They will no longer feel afraid to starve themselves for the sake of losing weight. Nobody should suffer to shake off some pounds. You just need to find the right fit for you. A diet that you feel comfortable with, one that maintains your health and you can fit in your existing lifestyle. You also have to be convinced that you will feel much better and look simply great. If you have any health condition, you may want to check with your doctor first, prior to deciding on any weight loss regimen.