Nothing can be more stressful than finding the right diet for you. We all go through phases when we need to lose weight. While some might have a special occasion, others need to reach their healthiest weight. For a while now, the 1500 calorie diet for women has been the answer for many who wish to shake off some weight while eating reasonably well. It is not like the juice detox diet. Unlike the latter, the 1500 calories diet does let you eat enough food to keep you full throughout the day. Others prefer to go low on calories and end up picking the 1200 calorie diet plan. When you follow a diet that wants you to count calories, none of the food groups will be forbidden. On the contrary, when you follow the sugar detox diet, you are in for a long period of time away from any source of carbs.
With the surge of the numerous famous diet systems, it can be difficult to pick the right choice for you and your body. Some prefer to follow the footsteps of their famous celebrities. Let us take for example the Khloe Kardashian weight loss diet. This woman, along with her sisters, has been wowing the world with their attractive figures and perfect body shapes. Men try to check out the Christian Bale tuna diet, wondering how easy and effective such a system can be.
The truth is there are many diets that have been showing great results. Let us take for example the Gaps diet recipes. This system is intended to help you improve the overall health of your digestive tract. So, for those who are looking to lose weight and feel better, this system is the right fit for them. When chronic conditions exist, it is always a good idea to check with your health care provider about whether or not the chosen diet is your answer for weight loss. Some people might check the food lovers’ diet recipes that have been causing many great reviews and results all over the net.
Is cereal good for weight loss?
When you decide to lose weight and pick the calorie counting method, you need to start looking for food options that are very low in calories and fat. While fruits and veggies are your first choices for meals, one may take a look at numerous other options like lean cuts of meat, chicken, fish and legumes. Among the low calorie foods come cereals.
Cereals are processed foods that are normally made of corn, rice or oats. They are great options for breakfast and snacks. There is something about these cereals that makes us feel so satisfied when adding them to our diet. They can be flavored with some sugar or cinnamon. Some might even have chocolate flakes in them.
So, to answer the question about whether cereals are a good option for you when you want to lose weight, I can say it is a big YES! However, you need to watch out for two major guidelines:
- When you pick a cereal, makes sure you do not eat more than two servings per meal. When you are eating milk and cereal, do not act as if it is a bottomless bowl of cereals.
- The milk you use when taking in cereals has to be non-fat or at least low in fat. You need to opt for a 1% fat content. Be careful! Whole milk and other percentages of milk still contain a large amount of fat which might affect your weight loss efforts.
- You have the option of picking alternatives to regular milk that can contain a much lesser amount of fat. Examples of these are almond milk and soy milk.
Now that you know the basics of adding cereals to your weight loss journey, it is about time you know what kinds of cereals are great options for your diet regimen.
Best cereal for weight loss
There are several kinds of cereals that you can pick. Here is a list of five kinds of this crunchy breakfast option.
- Shredded wheat: This cereal is made of whole wheat and contains about nine grams of fibers per serving. This kind of cereal does not contain sugars.
- Bran flakes: These cereals are also made of whole wheat and contain about five grams of fibers and five grams of sugar in every serving.
- Grape-Nuts, the original cereal: it is made of whole wheat flour and contains the same grams of fibers and sugar as the bran flakes.
- Uncle Sam Original: it is made of whole wheat and contains about ten grams of fibers and less than one gram of sugar.
- Flax Plus Multibran Flakes: it is made of whole wheat and contains five grams of fibers and about four grams of sugars in every serving.
The above mentioned options are the best weight loss cereals. They are also great healthy options. From another angle, there are some options that are still healthy and can be used as a first element for a weight loss plan. These are:
- Total whole grains
- Cinnamon crunch
- Special K Kellogg’s
Healthiest cereal for weight loss: The guidelines
While many think of cereals as cheats on a good weight loss plan, others understand the fact that there are many options that could be great for your health and well-being. These are worth being incorporated into your diet. They can be very high in fibers and very low in fat. Whether you decide to eat the cereals cold or hot makes no difference as the nutritional content will not change.
Results show the before and after pictures of people who have used cereals as a big part of their diet. Let us take for example the special K diet. There is actually a full complete diet system that is based on eating the Special K cornflakes and ending up losing weight. In that case, you will be able to add the cereals themselves, and also cereal bars.
While most cereals do not fit a low carbs diet, some might be a good fit. The most important thing is to pay attention to these three factors:
- When you pick a cereal, make sure it a whole grain source. Do not choose cereals that are over processed. The best way to identify if your choice is a whole grain one is by taking a look at the nutrition facts. In the ingredients section, you will need to see the word “whole grain” or “whole corn grain.” However, this rule might omit some excellent choices that are actually whole grains but there is no mentioning of the word whole. These include oats, brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, and wild rice. Popcorn is also a great whole grain option. This is a major factor to look for if you want to get the best results. From another angle, whole grains cereals have great health benefits.
- Look at the fibers content. For your cereal to be a great breakfast option, it has to be filling and keep you away from hunger surges. In order to do so, it needs to contain a large amount of fiber. First, when taking a look at the ingredients, you need to see both soluble and insoluble fibers. Your cereal has to contain at least five grams of fibers per serving.
- Many diets believe in the fact that carbs are not your right choice when you want to lose weight. As a matter of fact, your cereals need to contain a maximum of five grams of sugar in every serving. Many studies show that when someone eats a diet high in sugar, he has a tendency to gain weight. But, when he shifts to a low sugar diet, he ends up losing weight instead. Your plan has to be well detailed and understood in order to help you reach your goal fast. For other ways of losing weight, you can take a look at the HCG diet recipes.
Many embark on a weight loss journey. Some succeed while others fail. The truth is that your weight loss results depend on many major factors. First of all, it is essential that you understand the need to abide by the guidelines of your diet system. Second, you need to know how well these guidelines are in order to help you shed weight and fat in a healthy and efficient way. You do not want to lose weight fast and end up gaining them back a few days later. Finally, working out while dieting is a major step that can ensure you are obtaining good results. It helps improving your metabolic rate as well as toning your body. You do not need fancy machines or exercising techniques; it can be as simple as a jog, a dance or a walk in nature.