What is the fat flush diet?
The fat flush diet combines weight loss with the detoxifying or cleansing diet which was formulated by a renowned nutritionist named Ann Louise Gittleman. It is basically a low carb and restricted calorie diet, which has been designed to boost your metabolism, promote fat loss and to lower fluid retention in your body.
The theory behind this diet is that the liver is a “burning furnace for fats” and eating the correct combination of foods and a particular eating habit will boost up your metabolism and begin burning your body fat efficiently. But before the fat being burned, liver needs to be detoxified for optimal functioning.
The fat flush plan involves three phases:
- Phase 1-Two-week fat flush plan
Phase 1 of the fat flush plan completes in two-week duration but it can extend up to 1 month if you are overweight. Phase 1 is a restrictive phase in which your calories are cut down to only 1100-1200 Kcals per day.
You have to eliminate foods including: margarine, sugar, alcohol, fats, oils, bread, cereal, grains, starch vegetables, dairy products etc. because these foods have been reported to cause gas distention, bloating, and fluid retention and slowing down your metabolic activities. So, your menu will be comfortable.
You can consume high protein foods such as fish, eggs, chicken etc., good fats from flaxseeds and oils, antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables and some spices. You may also take a look at the seventh day adventist diet plan.
- Phase 2: the ongoing fat flush
The phase 2 involves an ongoing plan for those who still need to lose more weight and wish to detoxify their bodies. Their calorie intake increases up to 1200-1500 Kcals per day and this continues until your target is achieved. Feel free to explore the numerous diet books in the market to compare the pros and cons.
- Phase 3: The lifestyle eating plan
The phase 3 involves maintaining your weight loss for life. 1500 Kcals or more per day can be consumed in this phase. Starchy carbs and dairy products are also allowed to be consumed in this phase. Work out for about 20-40 minutes per day is recommended in fat flush plan depending upon which phase you are following.
3-day fat flush diet soup: the guidelines
You have to choose one to serve from the following options for the breakfast, lunch and dinner. Option 1: Tomato Basil Soup
Cherry tomatoes and bright basil make this simple soup appetizing and refreshing.
Option 2: Lentil Kale Soup
it’s all about lentils and healthy greens in a savory broth.
Option 3: Thai Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet and creamy and full of warm curry flavor, this soup is full of nutrients.
Option 4: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Roasted cauliflower brings out its own flavor. Pureed cauliflower into a soup makes the flavor extra concentrated.
Option 5: Protein-Packed Lentil and Black Bean Soup
You can have this soup even if you are detoxifying your body.
Fat flush diet foods: what are they?
Fat flush diet foods are the foods that promotes weight loss, lowers bloating and fluid retention, boosts your immunity and decreases the issues regarding digestion. These include:
- Fish, pork, beef, lamb, chicken
- Vegetables (such as onions, parsley, okra, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, spinach, kale, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, cabbage and Brussel sprouts etc.)
- Fruits (e.g. apple, oranges, plums, strawberries, cherries, berries etc.)
- Herbs and spices (cloves, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, cumin etc.).
Fat flush diet Recipes
Chicken & Bok Choy Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 cups water
- 4 tsps. chicken broth
- 4 sliced carrots
- 8 large chopped bok choy with leaves
- 4 stalks chopped broccolini
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Grease the pot with olive oil spray and sauté onion and garlic until softened and changes color.
- Add carrots, bok choy, broccolini, water and broth and allow it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until vegetables turns tender for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue to simmer until the chicken changes its color for 10 more minutes.
Acorn Squash Smoothie
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 scoop Fat Flush Vanilla Whey
- 1 scoop Flora-Key
- ½ cup cooked acorn squash
- 1 tsp. flaxseed oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- ½ cup cran-water
- Add all the ingredients to the blender jug.
- Blender and mix well.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy.
Braised Asparagus and Onions
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ⅛ cup chicken broth
- ½ pound asparagus
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- Grease the skillet with olive oil and add onions and sauté until golden brown. Pour in the chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook asparagus in boiling salted water for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and add to onions in skillet.
- Stir in the oregano and garlic powder to the mixture. Add water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot in a classy looking platter.
Turkey Sausage and Kale Soup
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Serves: 3 quarts – 8 to 10 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 8-10 halved baby carrots
- 8-10 tomatoes
- 1 cubed eggplant
- 1 chopped kale.
- 2 cubed mushrooms
- 1-quart chicken broth
- 1 organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 lb. turkey
- 1 tbsp. red pepper
- ½ diced onion
- ½ tsp. fennel seed
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Grease a pan and add onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and sauté for five minutes.
- Add garlic and broth and allow it to simmer.
- Add the remaining ingredients and broth if required.
- Simmer for two hours. While simmering make Turkey Sausages.
- Mix all ingredients and make mini turkey balls. Grease the pan with olive oil spray and place these balls until brown by flipping them frequently. Cut the balls into halves and sauté in the center. Add them to the soup.
Spicy Moroccan Style Eggplant
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cubed eggplant
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.
Protein Packed Black Bean and Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced onion
- 2 finely diced carrots
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Take a large pot and add olive oil to sauté garlic for one minute. Then add diced carrots and onion and sauté for 5 minutes so that the vegetables turn tender.
- Add the other ingredients and cover to cook for a few more minutes.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until the carrots and lentils are tender for 25-30 minutes.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Seasonal Vegetables
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsps. whole grain mustard
- 3 tbsps. Squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1-pint tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Take a medium pot and boil quinoa in 2 cups of water over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover it to simmer until the quinoa turns tender for about 15 minutes. Turn off the flame and allow the quinoa to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff using a fork.
- Vinaigrette – take a medium sized bowl and mix together mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually add in the olive oil and set aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mic together tomatoes, onion, corn, cucumber, parsley, and cooled quinoa. To this mixture, add Vinaigrette and gently toss. Immediately serve it or place it in the refrigerator covered until ready to serve.
Super Detox Green Juice
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 small chopped cucumber
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 handful of spinach
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 apple (seeded, cored and chopped)
- 2 tsps./ chia seeds
- If using a juicer: Add the above-mentioned ingredients, except the chia seeds, to a juicer and juice. Add chia seeds and serve in a glass.
- If using a blender: add all the above-mentioned ingredients to the blender jug and add some water. Add ice cubes if required. Blend until it turns smooth. Strain the smoothie through a strainer if no pulp is required in the drink.
Cleanse & Detox Smoothie
- Organic apple, celery and kale.
- 1 washed organic apple, peeled and seeded).
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup kale
- 1 stalk or rib of celery
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. ground chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups chilled water
- If using a juicer: Add the above-mentioned ingredients and extract juice. Serve and enjoy!
- If using a blender: Add the above mentioned-ingredients to a blender jug and blend well until smooth. Add ice cubes. Serve and enjoy!
Sweet Potato and Apple Cole Slaw
- 1 large grated sweet potato
- 1 large seeded and grated apple
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a bowl and toss in the sweet potato and apples.
- Add the remaining above-mentioned ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and shake well until well combined. Toss it with the salad and serve in a platter.
Fat flush diet reviews: pros and cons
- Fat flush plan promotes a healthy lifestyle through regular workout. You will not even think about the Golo diet shopping list.
- This diet helps in cleansing or detoxification of the liver and lymphatic system
- Weight loss of up to 10 lb in the first two weeks.
- Reduces bloating
- Weight loss accompanied by body toning
- Helps in the maintenance of weight loss
- Decreased waist, hips, and thigh inches measurements
- Boost metabolism, like the case of the grapefruit diet reviews
- Permanently eliminate cellulite that is not the case of the low purine diet food list.
- Provides more energy to those who work out.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the overall health and appearance
- Regulates hormone imbalance and stabilize mood swings, improves attitude
- Due to repeated schedule and food restrictions, Fat flush diet is difficult to be maintained. This diet is not to be compared to the Shepherd’s diet food list.
- Dining out is virtually impossible
- Following the diet plan is costly because it requires the use of expensive supplements that are certainly not the same as the ones used in the Raspberry Ketone diet.
Fat flush diet results: recap of the diet
If you have strong motivation for losing weight and you can stick to the repeated schedule, then you should go for this cleanse diet, as it seems to be a solid plan for losing weight. You may find many foods that are off limit when you start following this plan. Phase 1 may be the most difficult one as it involves many restrictions and also for the beginners to begin with this diet would be difficult. But keeping in mind the aftermath of this diet, you can easily achieve your target by following fat flush diet. The fat flush plan, unlike the Gerd diet plan, can help you in losing weight together with detoxification of your body.