What is golo diet?
The GOLO diet is the invention of Dr. Keith Ablow. It promises fast and easy weight loss while eating the food you love with no calorie counting; this will just give a specific look at the insulin levels. Many professionals believe that controlling your insulin is the key to sustainable weight loss and maintenance your actual weight. For celebrity diets, you can read about the Khloe Kardashian weight loss diet.
The diet is created by psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow, a specialist in depression and anxiety. It has been followed and investigated by a vast team of doctors and pharmacists. You can easily find this information on the website. Also, it describes the approach as a natural and healthy solution to lose weight. Doctor Keith Ablow is also a New York Times author, so it looks like a reliable program. Another reliable program is the Dash diet meal plan.
This supplement is expected to provide you with more energy, which will make it easier for you to lose weight, especially in the waist area. As many already know, this is one of the hardest parts of the body in which to lose fat. Localized weight loss doesn’t exist; fat loss comes down not to targeted exercises, but to the principle of how many calories you expend compared to how many you take in. In fact, doing 50 crunches a day can strengthen your abdominal muscles, but it will not make them more visible unless you reduce your general body fat. If you combine a balanced meal plan with cardio exercise with weight training, reducing your overall body fat will be easy.
GOLO diet plan explained
The GOLO product is described like this: GOLO works to optimize your body’s insulin levels. The program is entirely rooted in insulin regulation a concept of weight loss. For about 40 dollars you can have the starting program which includes articles and a GOLO supplement for turn your bad lifestyle into the “GOLO lifestyle.” These supplements are not similar to the Phentermine diet pills.
You can continuously burn fat, have the energy to do your daily activities, and eliminate the feeling the sense of hunger. The average weight loss, according to the information on their website, is of 22 kgs in a year. So, is the critical thing only monitoring your blood sugar levels? According to their studies’ findings, you just have to eat food that maintains your blood sugar levels at the adequate standard. You can also take a look at the Dolce diet recipes.
GOLO promises a supplement that helps speed up the weight loss. So, no more stressful diets, the Golo will change your mind about foods. For other ways to lose weight, you can take a look at the detox diets.
As for the meal plan, the site guarantees impressive results for the first seven days. This diet realizes that there is a smarter, healthier solution. It’s described as the right combination of proteins, carbohydrates, vegetables, and fat to promote weight loss. The recipes need to be in line with the low-glycemic index diets. Harvard has confirmed GOLO as an efficient way to lose weight. The site itself refers to the recipes as simple, with insulin-friendly foods.
Golo diet plan: an example of the routine
Here is a sample meal plan that can help you understand how to put the food together.
- Breakfast: Whole bread, nonfat yogurt, and some almonds.
- Snack: your snack can consist of two carrots, and some hummus served with olive oil. It will provide micronutrients and vitamin A, an essential vitamin for your eye health.
- Lunch: you can have a bowl of chili made with some onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, and carrots with chicken or beef. It can be served with a cup of rice. Also, if you prefer, you can have a small piece of bread made of whole wheat.
- Snack: you can have a frozen yogurt made with frozen berries and dried fruit.
- Dinner: Some baked salmon (salmon, it is also loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to help reduce inflammation), with steamed veggies (spinach or broccoli are great), brown rice. Don’t use additional oil for the salmon; it is rich in fats! Also, don’t forget to drink water, take the great habit of drinking 2 liters per day.
- Breakfast: you can have a 0% fats greek yogurt with a little bit of honey and almonds. It is rich in nutrients, especially proteins.
- Snack: A slice of whole bread with ham, better if it is low-fat ham.
- Lunch: Change your usual meat dish with some tofu, brown rice and peppers; use your preferred spices.
- Snack: a spoon of Peanut butter with some egg whites, be sure to choose a 100% peanut made butter, with no sugar or fats added.
- Dinner: You can have a tuna steak with some lettuce and tomatoes, it is fresh and can satisfy you.
- Snack: Before sleep, you can have a square of dark chocolate which reduces your stress and helps to sleep.
Golo diet shopping list and food options
The shopping list of this diet comprises the following:
- VEGETABLES: Broccoli (2 heads or frozen bags), Carrots (2 bags), Dark leafy greens, including lettuce (3 large bags), Onions (4), Peppers (5), Spinach (2 pack frozen), Tomatoes (3). Vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals, don’t forget to put them in your cart.
- STARCHY VEGETABLES: Beans, any preferred variety (2 cans), Potatoes, sweet and white (3 white, 3 sweet)
- FRUIT: Apples ,Bananas, Berries, any variety of berries (2 frozen bags), Oranges, Grapefruit. Take some fresh fruit to consume daily, but don’t buy too much because you may waste it. If you don’t consume it within 2/3 days it will turn bad, especially in summer or when the temperatures are higher. To avoid waste you can freeze it and use to make frozen yogurt just by mixing them with a cup of low-fat yogurt.
- PROTEINS: These can be chicken breasts, skinless; eggs and/or egg substitutes; turkey, ground; turkey, sliced; salmon, wild; shrimp; tuna
You will also need some fats like nuts, seeds and nut butters, any preferred variety. Olive oil should be on top of your list. These are the best sources of fats, which are really important to regulate the hormonal system and have a shiny and fresher look.
As for dairy food, you will need:
- Cottage Cheese, reduced-fat
- Milk (low-fat, soymilk, or unsweetened almond)
- Greek yogurt, fat-free or low-fat (5 single containers)
Rich in calcium and protein, low fat dairy products are great. They also have a build and repair function for your bones and teeth. You might want to take a look at the vegetarian diet plan if you do not like to eat meats.
Finally, you will have to get yourself some bread, whole grain; rice and pasta, whole grain. Whole grains are really important because GOLO diet is based on the optimization of sugar levels in your blood. That type of foods allows you to don’t have insulin peaks. Check insulin peak charts to have more information about the action and duration of the peaks. This is expected to be a good weight loss diet plan.
Golo diet plan: pros and cons
- Pros: Weight loss miracle in a jar
- Cons: there are a couple of drawbacks to following the GOLO diet. These are: Doesn’t work for most people
- Frequently causes side effects
- Side effects can last for more than a week
GOLO Diet recapitulation and tips
So, now that you know more about the GOLO diet, it is helpful to put together the full idea to analyze the system. Here are its major guidelines and tips:
- The GOLO diet comes in a 30, 60 or 90 days rescue plans.
- The diet promises to regulate your insulin levels and other hormones. It wants to repair your metabolism.
- Each of the rescue plan contains a diet and lifestyle book, some supplements to last you over the chosen period and access to tools.
- When you look at the studies done by the company that released the GOLO diet, you will know how to lose weight the rigth way with the system.
- Your expectations should be to have around 1300 calories per day. You might go up to 1800 too.
- You will need to work on understanding about portion control. For other ways to lose weight, you can take a look at the liquid diet recipes.
- The supplement is the cornerstone of the diet.
- The supplement will give you many minerals like zinc, magnesium, and chromium.
- The diet cannot treat, prevent or diagnose any health problem you have or might have; so, you have to consult with your doctor if you need a diet to help you. One can think of what is the Paleo diet.
- The diet does not have a lot of reviews; but this does not mean that it will not work.
GOLO Diet Recipes ideas
Here are a few recipes to use when you are following the GOLO diet.
- Green salad: lettuce, tomatoes, olives, celery, cucumbers with lemon and olive oil dressing
- Cauliflower and egg salad: this recipe uses cauliflower, boiled eggs, with some chopped onions and might mayonnaise
- Steak and pepper grilled with mushrooms and a side of green vegetables salad
- Chicken grilled with some cooked broccoli and mushrooms
- Shrimps scampi with a side salad
- Grilled meat with greek yogurt mixed with garlic and onions
- Burger patty grilled with grilled veggies