We keep hearing about systems and diets that exist to help us lose weight. From the gorilla diet for humans that could sound a little bit fishy to the soft food diet weight loss that is more accepted worldwide, one can get lost! I mean, what to pick and how to proceed with the guidelines imposed by these numerous systems. All that one needs to know that maintaining the system and picking a well-balanced one is of prime importance. Whether you are following a 1000 calorie diet before and after results or a more bulked up system, it all depends on what your goal is and how much you are burning in calories. It can be a little bit overwhelming to find the good food list and the perfect workout routine along the way. Among these numerous diets comes the boxer’s diet. This system is a typical diet that helps you cut weight and get ripped. Whether you like this type of body image or are actually a heavyweight boxer, here is what you need to know about the system.
What is a boxer’s diet?
A boxer’s diet is a system that is based on the professional preparation of any person to look like a boxer! It does have many similarities to the systems that have been out there for athletes and runners. It is not a new system but can have a few changes and alterations. When you follow the system, you are supposed to base your diet on the following food choices:
- Meat: you may want to only think of white meat that is low in fat. From another angle, it will be easier for the body to digest it which will prevent it from sitting in your system for too long. When on the boxer’s diet, you may want to stay steer of red meat like pork and beef. Their meats are heavier than those of fish and chicken. You can check out how the amir khan diet did it.
- Proteins: everyone knows that a person who works out will need a certain amount of proteins. One might think of eggs, tuna, peanuts, peanut butter and dairy food like cheese, yogurt and many others. What you need to keep in mind is that a boxer’s diet is not similar to the weightlifter’s diet. While the latter can afford to have a full jar of peanut butter, the first one does not. Keep your portions acceptable and reasonable. Remember, this system will not fit into the Renal diet recipes.
- Fruits and veggies: these are the bulk of vitamins and minerals. So, whether you are following a 2 week diet or a raw diet, fruits and vegetables are an important part of this system. But, no matter how much fruits and veggies you take, remember that this is not the apple diet system for weight loss.
- Fluids: working out means that you will burn a lot of calories. It also means that you will end up losing a lot of water. That being said, you may need to keep focused on drinking a lot of fluids. Water is your best friend in any diet and is surely the same for the boxer’s diet. When you are working out heavily, you will need to think of having up to three gallons of water. Make sure you stay away from drinking. Alcoholic drinks are to be avoided: these will make you gain weight and keep your concentration foggy.
- Fats: one need to understand the difference between good fats and bad ones. When you are working out and following the boxer’s diet, you will have to focus on healthy fats like olive oil and avocados. Even if you are exercising heavily, you need to make sure that the bad kinds of fat are not your right choice!
- Make sure you stay away from supplements that are not natural.
The boxer diet to lose weight
Now that you understood the basics of the boxer’s diet, you need to keep in mind a few things that are:
- You have to monitor how many times you need to eat per day
- Balance your intake of food
- You need to make sure you are calculating well your macros and your total caloric intake
- Balance you exercising routine with your food intake
- Time well your intake of the necessary nutrients
By following these simple rules, one will be able to boost his metabolic rate and burn off the unnecessary fat.
So, to start off with the boxer’s diet, you will need to eat at least five meals per day. You need to keep your blood sugar stable. You also need to keep your energy at its highest levels. When you eat many times, your glycogen stores are enough to keep you working out the right way. When you plan your meals, make sure you include a complex carb source before you work out in the morning. An example would be to have oatmeal. You need to make sure that your carbs intake should be the highlight of your day, accounting for up to 65% of your caloric intake. This intake will help keep your muscles lean. Some good sources would be pasta, rice and quinoa. It would be a good idea to pick your carbs whole grains. Fruits are also good sources of carbs. These will also provide your body with the right amount of antioxidants. These latter will actually fight off free radicals that would accumulate during heavy working out.
Your proteins, on the other hand, will account for up to 25% of your caloric intake. These amino acids will help build up your muscles and repair it as well. You should always consider lean cuts and lean sources like fish and chicken. Eggs and no-fat dairy products are also excellent choices for you.
Fat, is also an important factor of the caloric intake. This would account for up to 20% of the food you eat. You should think of olive oil, avocados, nuts and flaxseeds. For other dieting systems, you can take a look at the Kpop diet plan.
The boxer’s diet plan
Now that the basics of such a dietary system are clear, you would want to have a few examples of how your days would look like.
Breakfast: 2 pieces of whole grain bread with one big spoon of jam, half a cup of milk and half a fruit.
Snack: six ounces of light yogurt with some water.
Lunch: one large pita bread with four slices of turkey, one ounce of cheese, one large spoon of light mayo, half a big spoon of mustard, some veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, olives, and sprouts, and other kinds of veggies. You can accompany this meal with some raw broccoli, several celery sticks, and water. Make sure you are drinking enough water.
Dinner: you can have up to two cups of white chicken or fish grilled with three quarter of a cup of brown rice. Your dinner can have some fruits and a cup of low or non-fat milk.
Snack: you can have some cucumbers slices with low fat dressing. You can even have some cucumbers with low fat Greek yogurt.
Breakfast: you can have one cup of cereals with a cup of low fat milk and one banana.
Snack: a peach with some water
Lunch: you can have a couple of bread slices with four slices of turkey, one big spoon of light mayo, some veggies like tomatoes and lettuce and one ounce of chips. You can have on the side an apple and some water.
Dinner: your dinner can consist of a plate of pasta with some red sauce. You will be able to add a tossed salad on the side with two big spoons of low fat dressing and a slice of whole grains bread. As for your drink, a cup of low fat milk would do just fine.
Snack: you should have some water and many carrots. You can dip your carrots with low fat yogurt or a low-fat dressing like ranch.