What is the shred diet
The 30-days revolutionary shred is the training scheme created by Jillian Michaels, who is an American fitness star. The system is designed specifically for all those who want to lose weight and at the same time define muscle mass. The system is not a 2-weeks diet. You can also take a look at the Beyonce vegan diet.
The 30 DAY SHRED program is performed in thirty consecutive days (without pauses) and divided into three different levels (intensity is gradually higher). The 30-day shred scheme is split into levels.
- The first one called level 1 runs from the 1st till the 10th Day,
- The second one called level 2 runs from the 11th till the 20th day
- The third one is called level 3 and it is for the last ten days.
Each level of the 30-day shred is based on a type of HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) and includes three circuits of exercises to be performed strictly according to the sequences proposed by the trainer, Jillian. Each circuit includes respectively three minutes of strength (muscle strengthening ), followed by two minutes of cardio (aerobic work) and a final minute of abdominals. Each level starts with some minutes of warm up and ends with some minutes of stretching. This particular arrangement of the exercises stems from the belief in the theory of muscular confusion.
If you are looking to live well and have a healthy cardiovascular system, you can take a look at the heart healthy diet plan.
But what is muscular confusion?
Many of you will know that the muscle, in order to increase in terms of strength, definition, and mass, must be subjected to more and more workloads (this explains why you have to increase your weights during your training sessions). Specific sequences of execution of the exercises proposed in the 30 Day shred allows you to train for several days (ten for each level, in fact) with the same “workload” without the muscle reaching its plateau phase. Alternating the phases of strength with those of cardio, by training dissociated or associated muscle groups (for example: arms and legs together, abdominals only after performing the two minutes of “cardio”, etc.) the muscles continue to grow in strength, with the passing of the days.
You may also want to take a look at the six weeks shred diet of Dr. Ian Smith. While the shred diet has been under the microscope for a while, one may also take a look at other ways for losing weight like the South Beach diet recipes.
Shred diet plan
The 30-day shred, unlike the Gaps diet food list, should coincide with a diet plan avoiding fried foods, fats, alcohol and excess sugars. It is a low-calorie diet with more room for fibers and good proteins like chicken breast, veal and beef, and a little deficient in carbohydrates. However, you can have some days during the week (1-2 times a week) where you can eat some kind of sweets or choose a tasty food (like pizza), to keep the metabolism active and to be rewarded for the diet that you are following. Take a look at the Zero sugar diet plan.
It’s better to have three main meals – breakfast, lunch, and dinner – interspersed with two snacks, to have a better stimulation of the metabolism. Feel free to check the low potassium diet menu. As for the shred system, here are a few guidelines:
- It is essential to drink plenty of water, at least two liters a day;
- prefer white meat and fish;
- give an ample space to fruit and vegetables;
- drink milk and consume low-fat dairy products;
- provide the body with a sufficient amount of carbohydrates, preferably with a low glycemic index;
- if necessary, use the mineral salts supplements to restore the hydrosaline balance;
- avoid refined foods, such as baked goods and those containing added sugars and fats;
- avoid sweet drinks and spirits.
Those who choose to adopt a healthy lifestyle while going to the gym should at the same time avoid taking a series of foods after training.
- avoid eating foods too rich in salt, such as pretzels and crisps, which otherwise will make you feel particularly swollen;
- no chocolate and sweets, especially milk chocolate. Those who want sweet can have a chocolate protein shake, it is a great drink for muscle recovery after training;
- avoid a poor dinner, for example only with vegetables, not enough to allow the muscles to recover;
- avoid soft and sugary drinks, such as a glass of coke: drinking one means taking the equivalent of 10 sachets of sugar;
- after the workout, it is not recommended to have a pizza, especially with a lot of mozzarella, as it is rich in both carbohydrates and fats.
If you want to lose weight smartly, you should combine an appropriate diet with physical activity, which will help your body lose weight faster and stay toned at the same time. Doing it this way you will:
- consume more calories than those introduced into meals;
- reduce daily caloric intake by limiting the introduction of foods containing too many calories, such as fried and fatty foods;
- follow a balanced and healthy diet;
- improve your workout performance.
30 days shred diet pros and cons
Why should you follow the 30-day shred with a balanced diet? Let’s see in details the pros and cons of that program:
- You can have fast results with a little bit of your time every day;
- Follow a balanced diet;
- Healthy, you don’t have too many restrictions;
- You can have a flexible diet;
- Strenght and a cardio session will help in your daily life;
- You have to do a workout every day;
- Need a few accessories to start.
What do you need to start the 30 days shred program?
- A tape measure: take measurements of arms, waist, hips, and thighs. Check them at the beginning of each level.
- Comfortable and light clothing (it’s hot!)
- Sneakers (not barefoot, I recommend).
- Floor mat for ground exercises.
- Two small dumbbells.
- Sports bra, or one that gives a good support, because you will jump a lot.
To get the results in a month you have to do a workout every day, for 30 days. Are you sure you do it? What can you do with it? It’s only 30 minutes, you can do it! You can also take a look at the slow carb diet recipes.
The 30-day shred diet sample diet
Here it is a meal plan for you super shred diet to stay strong as a bodybuilder and recover the energies after an intense workout session. For women, you may need different dietary needs and bodybuilding strategies than for men. You can also check the detox water diet.
Breakfast: coffee or tea with sweetener and two wholegrain pieces of toast.
Lunch: 200 grams of lettuce salad dressed with olive oil, vinegar, and salt; 150 grams of grilled chicken or 120 grams of lean meat (veal).
Dinner: 150g of noodle, 150g of grilled hake, 100g of cooked vegetables and a tomato seasoned with salt, garlic, oil, and parsley.
Breakfast: coffee or tea with sweetener and two wholegrain pieces of toast.
Lunch: 150g of cooked green beans, 150g of grilled veal and 150g of fresh fruit.
Dinner: 1 soft-boiled egg, 200g of hake, 150g of boiled or grilled cod and 125g of rice pudding.
Breakfast: coffee or tea with sweetener and two whole wheat pieces of toast.
Lunch: 200g of vegetable soup, 150g of grilled steak, 100g of mashed potatoes, a roasted tomato.
Dinner: 150g of soup with a little whole wheat pasta, 150g of tomato seasoned with salt, oil, parsley and a drizzle of oil, 150g of cod.
30 day shred diet food list and sample recipes:
Here we have some recipes that you can easily make at home for delicious meals and for a snack!
Biscuits without eggs and butter, a light recipe for your favorite cookies.
- Flour: 200 Gr
- Rice Flour: 50 Gr
- Seed Oil: 50 Ml
- Vanilla: 1 Sachet
- Sugar: 60 Gr
- Milk: 80 ml
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Pinch
- Yeast: Half Sachet
Recipe and preparation
In a large bowl, knead all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous and quite soft mixture. If you want you can flavor the biscuits by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon. At this point, flour a work surface and helping yourself with a rolling pin roll out the previously obtained paste, giving it a thickness of about one centimeter.
After that, cut out the biscuits using a glass. Using stencils you can give the sweets various shapes and sizes. Once the biscuits have been cut out, place them in a pan lined with parchment paper. Remember to space them slightly between them so as not to make them stick during cooking. Then brush the surface of the biscuits with a little milk. For this operation, you can use a kitchen brush. Finally, bake the cakes in the oven at 180 ° C for about 10 minutes.
Tips: Eat lukewarm cookies or at room temperature for a snack or for breakfast. If you want to prepare light biscuits with cocoa just replace 20 grams of flour with the same bitter cocoa powder. In addition, to make cookies even more diet-friendly you can use whole wheat flour.
Is it possible to make an omelet without eggs? Absolutely, thanks to the vegan recipe dedicated to all those who do not eat any food derived from animals. Even without some ingredients, such as eggs, it will be possible to make delicious dishes, really delicious and also very healthy. Vegan recipes, in fact, with a little imagination, can be very tasty, provided you learn how to mix well the foods and ingredients at your disposal.
- 150 Ml Of Soy Milk
- 50 Gr Of Flour 00
- 50 Gr Chickpea Flour Or Corn Flour
- 2 Grated zucchini
- 2 Grated carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp curry
Let’s see step by step how to make this vegan recipe.
First, in a bowl, mix the sifted flour with milk. Once the mixture is homogeneous, add the salt, curry, and bicarbonate. Add the grated vegetables and mix well. To make this omelet you can use all the vegetables you want, as long as they are finely grated so as to obtain a more homogeneous mixture.
In a shallow saucepan heat a tablespoon of olive oil. You can now decide to make a large omelet, in this case, pour all the mixture into the pot leveling it, or small omelet and in this case, with a ladle take only the amount of mixture you need before pouring it into the pot. Pay attention then to cooking it over medium heat to make sure that the omelet becomes golden but does not burn.
Tips: In this omelet are used foods rich taste but also unique properties: chickpea flour, it is rich in minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus, iron and vegetable proteins.