There has been a lot of fuss about weight loss tea that for years now but all this fuss has not done much in clearing up the confusion. Instead, it’s adding to the confusion. People are thirsty for answers. What is weight loss tea? Is it safe to use? Does it really work? How should one take them? These are some of the questions that people want to have answered.
What is detox weight loss tea?
Detox tea is just a term used to describe various tea remedies which are said to slim your figure. The companies that develop detox tea sometimes add selected ingredients in tea that are helpful with detoxification.
Which are the best teas?
Here, I will discuss five best weight loss teas that are easily accessible today. It is important to note that not all the remedies will produce similar effects for every single case.
- Green tea – Green tea is even sometimes used as an alternative name for detox teas. It is the most popular diet tea available. It contains some of the most important antioxidants that help in increased metabolism. The fact that it contains caffeine also contributes to its effects.
- Oolong tea – This is yet another diet tea that works by increasing the rate at which metabolic processes are carried out in the body. It is a native of the Chinese culture.
- Bilberry tea – I have included this tea extract in this category due to its sweetened nature. You will not have to add any artificial sugar additives, thus giving yourself a better chance of managing your weight.
- White tea – There is no other detox tea extract in this category that can match white tea in terms of being natural. White tea extracts undergo natural sun drying, which helps conserve the level of antioxidants available in the remedies.
- Hibiscus – The strength in this detox tea remedy is in the fact that most people know it and it readily grows in most parts of the globe. Hibiscus flowers are rich in vital minerals and also help in inhibiting the rate at which fats are absorbed into the body system.
How to drink detox tea
The best thing about tea is that it can be taken with or without additives. On top of that, there are many situations that will provide the best times to have a cup of tea. When taking diet tea for weight loss, it is important that you avoid sweetening it with sugar. You can use honey or just take it the way it is.
Sugar-free creamers are also recommendable additives to add to green tea weight loss remedies. Always ensure that there is a low amount of calories contained in the creamer.
How does detox tea extract work?
Some detox teas work by suppressing appetite. Some work by increasing the rate at which metabolic activities are carried out. In others, it has been found that they bring about an increased rate at which excess water is excreted from the body.
Many of the tea extracts, especially green tea, will mainly work by suppressing your appetite. This means that you will not experience the desire to eat frequently.
Can diet tea work best on its own?
You will lose some weight even when taking diet tea on its own. However, the results will not be in any way long lasting.
You will have to adopt other methods of maintaining the weight range you desire. On top of that, green tea extracts work best when they are being used alongside other weight loss techniques.
Are there side effects of using detox tea?
Just because tea is natural, does not mean there won’t be side effects. The side effects will be there, only that they may be less mild.
Users have reported experiencing side effects like headaches and stomach related problems like nausea. This is the case especially for tea extracts that contain Senna.
When it the best time to drink detox tea?
Detox tea can be taken at any time of the day that seems fit to do so. This is one of the main advantages associated with green tea and other detox tea remedies. However, they work best when taken before and after physical exercises.