You wake up one morning, look yourself in the mirror and realize that this is not the image you want people to see when meeting you. You always dreamed of having the perfect body. You like to be a slim, lean person. You want to show off those six packs and feel confident. It’s all so perfect; except, how can you realize this dream?
Many diets exist that could help shed off some weight. For example, we have the Khloe Kardashian Weight loss diet that is more of a transformation journey and not a bodybuilding system. The system allows foods without restricting the calories.
Other diets, like the juice detox diet that has been proven effective in cleansing the liver and digestive tract while allowing you to lose some pounds. This detox system has a lot of benefits like improving the nutrient absorption; lowering your cholesterol levels without having to follow a low cholesterol diet plan; lowering your blood sugar levels; and, helping you lose weight quickly. When you juice your fruits and veggies, you create a drink that doesn’t have much fiber. This will make it easier to be absorbed by your body. Juices do not burden your body with heavy digestion; and, your system will have enough time to cleanse itself and detox.
If you are looking to have a well-built body with high muscle mass; then, the warrior diet meal plan can be the right choice for you.
What is the Warrior Diet Meal Plan?
This weight loss regimen is based on an intermittent fasting period. The system was developed in 1990 by a man called Ori Hofmekler. It focuses on fasting for a period of twelve to sixteen hours. You are allowed to eat within a frame of four hours during a day. This method will put your body under stress, and it will start preparing itself for harsh conditions. When you fast for many hours, your system’s stress proteins, anti-inflammatory, and immune molecules will start searching out. They will end destroying any weakness in your system. The diet is expected to have two benefits that are:
- Absorbing proteins better
- Increasing muscle growth
Both happen because when you exercise and don’t take in a lot of food, you will increase the anabolic response to resistance exercise. In this way, this regimen will switch on your biological powerhouse to have a lot of energy, unbelievable strength and lean body. Hofmekler believes that making your body go through nutritional stress will yield far more results than exercising. So, when you do both techniques, you will have a leaner and fit body. When you are fasting, you need to keep drinking to prevent dehydration that will facilitate the accumulation of cellulite. Also, you need to stay active.
The regimen, just like what its name refers to, mimics the lifestyle of ancient warriors that used to eat a little breakfast, go for training all day; and then, have a feast at night. These warriors had the most amazingly toned body without an inch of fat. That’s the body image every man wants to have.
By following the warrior diet, you are only allowed to eat in the evening and within four hours. This method could trigger many side effects like:
- Not getting all the needed nutrients from this one meal per day.
- Not feeling full and ending up munching on different unhealthy snacks.
- Not having enough energy to work out correctly and over the period expected.
Guidelines for Warrior Diet System.
This diet has been effective for many people. Here are some tips to make it work.
- Your diet consists of a long period of fasting during which you need to drink a lot. Think of having up to eight cups of water during the day. You have the choice to make some infused water by adding some cucumbers slices, lemon, mint or cinnamon. Water will help you feel full while you do your exercises.
- When you eat your one allowed meal, at night, eat high proteins food. When you take in some proteins, you eat less carbs. You will provide your body with what it needs to build and repair its muscles.
- Your main meal will be at night. For breakfast and lunch, you can have low calories food like yogurt, eggs, veggies and fruits.
- You need to train your brain to overcome hunger. This system will not let you eat every couple of hours. When you keep it without food for several hours, it will start adapting to this system and learn to tame down hunger.
- Do not pick processed food. These include sugars, hydrogenated oils, salt, taste enhancers, and food preservatives. Go for natural food options; and, if you are eating out, then you need to stay away from fried chicken, burgers, pizza, fries and even ketchup.
- Exercise is the key factor in this diet. You need to spend a lot of energy when fasting. So, try to do some cardio exercises, yoga, training, weights, and even dancing.
These are the general guidelines for this amazing diet system. While it might appear to be a tough one especially that most people do not enjoy spending most of their day fasting; testimonials show some positive and happy customers.
Warrior Diet Menu
Now that you know the basics of this regimen, here is a sample plan for you to understand how you can work this system out.
Early Snack has to be very early, as early as 7:30 am. You need to drink a cup of warm water with one big spoon of honey and a dash of lime juice.
Breakfast will follow after one hour. You can eat one boiled egg with a couple of almonds; or, a cup of grapefruit juice with some chia seeds; or even, a cup of green tea with few almonds.
Your lunch options can be many and as simple as a bow of fruits, a cup of yogurt, or ½ cup of raw veggies.
Finally, dinner comes with its tasty meal. You can have either of these options:
- Grilled chicken breast with some mashed potatoes, a cup of warm milk and one small piece of dark chocolate.
- 2 slices of pita bread with some kidney beans chili, grilled veggies and a cup of buttermilk. You can also eat a small piece of dark chocolate.
- A plate of pasta with a cup of warm milk and a portion of tiramisu.
- A casserole made of broccoli, carrots, and potatoes; with a side of fruit custard.
You can have three meals per day, no matter how little they may seem. Your morning drink will help detox your system and flush out the toxins. Your breakfast should contain a lean protein, healthy fat and some fibers. Your lunch will be minimal. If you pick fruits and vegetables; then, you will get a lot of nutrients. On the other hand, if you decide on yogurt, it will be very rich in probiotics like gut bacteria. These probiotics will help your system have great digestion.
In case you want to do some substitutions, you can go for Ceylon instead of the honey, apple cider vinegar instead of the lime juice, sprouts instead of the egg, macadamia nuts instead of the almonds, garcinia cambodgia instead of the grapefruit juice. You can also take carrots instead of cucumbers and salmon or tuna instead of the chicken. For desserts, vanilla ice cream can replace the custard and brownies can replace the tiramisu.
Exercising is an essential part of this regimen. You need to work-out for 3 hours a week; and then, increase it to six hours per week. You can do the exercises you enjoy doing. Some suggestions include neck tilts, neck rotations, shoulder rotations, arm rotations, wrist rotations, lunges, squats, crunches, planks, and even pushups. You can go for dancing, yoga, meditation, swimming, walking and also running.
The system can be followed for a month to get the best results. Unlike the slim fast diet pills, the warrior diet will get you used to fasting that will turn out to become a habit in your lifestyle. You will not have to take any supplement or medication. You will also not be forbidden to have wheat like the gluten-free diet benefits. If you suffer from any condition, then you need to consult your doctor before starting on any regimen. He might advise you to follow the high blood pressure diet.