What is the Zero Belly Diet?
The zero belly diet is a system developed by a businessman called David Zinczenko. The idea is based on having three meals and one smoothie every day. You also get to have one free meal per week. David believes that there are food items that can turn off the genes that make us gain weight. These same genes are responsible for making our body burn fat instead of storing it. So, when you eat the right food, you change your life by reversing weight-gain. Unlike the raspberry ketone diet that relies on supplements, this diet relies on a mix of food. The system is not a very new concept; it relies on the following:
- Having plant-based food throughout the day
- Eating veggies, fruits, lean proteins and good fats.
- Eating seeds and legumes. These can be lentils, beans, chickpeas, hummus, and peanuts.
- Staying away from gluten, dairy, sugar, processed food and refined grains. The system follows the principle that lactose and gluten can lead to inflammation.
- Taking in nine power foods that will turn off the fat storing genes. These are the zero belly drinks, eggs, red fruits, olive oil, plant proteins, lean meats, ginger or cinnamon, and beans or rice or oats.
- Having three to four cups of tea to speed up weight loss.
- Dark chocolate is permitted.
- Condiments like apple cider vinegar, rice wine, mustard, red curry and soy sauce are okay as well.
Zero Belly Diet Basics
This system implies you to follow several healthy tips that will ensure its success. These include the following:
- Walking. The system wants you to go for a morning walk, even before you eat your breakfast. When you walk in the morning between 8 a.m. and noon, studies have shown that you will end up being safer from weight gain regardless of what and how much you eat. This effect is due to the synchronizing power of sunlight over your metabolism. From another angle, when you exercise before eating, you are in a fasting mode. This means that your body will use energy from your body’s fat stores.
- Fiber in the morning. One of the main advices for making the zero belly diet a success story is to start your first-morning food with oatmeal. You can top your bowl with some fruits. Both are excellent sources of fibers and will end up reducing your cholesterol levels. If you suffer from high cholesterol levels; then you might want to read about what is a low cholesterol diet. These fibers will also help secreting more ghrelin.
- Red and not green. When you want to pick your fruit, you are advised to have red ones. These are high in flavonoids that prevent the body from storing fat. Red fruits can be apples, cherries, blueberries, red grapes, plums, raspberries, peaches, watermelon, and nectarines.
- Avocado is your best friend. This food is high in monounsaturated fatty acids that help protect your body and tune down your hunger. They also prevent your body from storing belly fat.
- Smoothies. Yes, you need to start thinking of smoothies as snacks. Do not go towards the ready-made protein shakes; instead, mix your ones that can be chemical-free.
- Eggs. Eggs are one of the most filling foods on earth. Eggs are very rich in proteins, which helps you feel full for a more extended period. Also, they are very high in choline. This substance will prevent your body from storing fat reserves.
- Infused water. Drinking citrus infused water can provide you with a high concentration of antioxidants. Citrus fruits, individually, are very rich in D-limonene. These stimulate some of the enzymes found in our liver leading to flushing of accumulated toxins.
- Proteins are good. The preferred proteins are eggs, lean cuts, shellfish, poultry, and plant-based powders. Unlike the vegetarian diet plan, the zero belly diet contains proteins from animal sources.
Make sure that, while following the zero belly diet, you can identify the substances that could cause you bloating and gas formation. These are the sorbitol that is found in gum; the soy protein that is an ingredient of energy bars; carrageenan that is found in almond milk; fructose that is found in dried fruits; and salt, which is normally found in everything canned.
Zero Belly Recipes
Here is a list of some recipes that you can put together when you are following the zero belly diet.
- Green eggs: This is one of the best breakfast choices in this diet system. You need to put together 2 egg whites and one full egg that you mix with some mushrooms and ½ big spoon of olive oil. When scrambled, add 1/8th an avocado and season with some herbs and spices. This recipe will contain around 220 calories, 14g of fat and 17g of proteins.
- Omelet salsa: this recipe contains 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, a can of black beans, and some hot sauce. After the omelet is ready, serve it with ½ an avocado and some salsa. The serving will have about 230 calories with 9g of fat and 17g of proteins.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly bowl: This recipe will let you boil ½ cup of oat and then when ready, you add one table spoon of peanut butter and some strawberries. The serving will yield 270 calories with 11g of fat and 9g of proteins.
- Strawberry banana drink: All you have to do is mix one scoop of protein powder, some frozen strawberries, 1/4th of a frozen banana, one small spoon of peanut butter and one cup of nuts milk that is unsweetened. Nut milk can be made of almonds, hazelnut, coconut or hemp. This smoothie will contain about 232 calories, 5g of fat and 29g of proteins.
Many people, when deciding on a weight loss regimen, end up scrolling through many pages of the internet. You want to look for the perfect weight-loss regimen for you. So you start reading about the many diets. You might find the slow carb diet before and after results and become convinced about its methods. You could even feel comfortable following the special K diet reviews that consist of healthy benefits and fast weight loss results. This system is developed by professionals hired by the Kellogg Company. The diet wants you to use its special K bars and cereals in addition to a specific diet. They claim that you will lose much in very little time.