What is the microbiome diet?
Unlike any other diet, the microbiome diet is a dietary system that is expected to restore the health of your gut. The diet is created by putting together integrative medicine and intestinal medicine. The microbiome itself is a group of several trillions of microbes. These latter reside in our gut. When they exist in the right amount, they help balance the health of the body and trigger a proper weight loss. So, if you balance your microbiomes, you are in for permanent weight loss.
Microbiomes are usually in charge of getting the nutrients out of food and providing them to the human body. They also boost your metabolic rate and balance your hormones. From another angle, they cut down your cravings and help keep you in a good mood. Finally, when they are in range, you will have a better cognitive experience and a more pronounced energy.
The diet itself consists of three different phases. These phases will help you achieve an optimal amount of your microbiomes. It will also help cleanse and heal your gut. Following this healing and restoring, your metabolic rate will spike, and as a result, you will lose weight. This is not the Bone Broth diet plan, it is rather a simple healing kind of a diet.
Forget about the ideal proteins recipes, when you follow the microbiome diet, you will need to respect these two rules:
- Eat a lot of food that will help heal your gut and promote the well-being and growth of your microbiomes.
- Stay away from food that could mess up your gut health and disrupt the healthy growth of your microbiomes.
So, when you pick this system, you will have to forget about weight loss pills like the Raspberry Ketone diet. But, you will get to enjoy a lot of fruits and veggies as well as lean proteins and healthy types of fat. But, very different from the safflower oil diet, you will start giving importance to your spices and supplements. This is how you will end up losing all that extra weight that has been bothering you.
The diet meal plan of the microbiome system
So, basically, your meal plan will consist of three phases, each with its own guidelines. Forget about the ideal protein diet recipes and learn your new ways.
The first phase consists of getting rid of any harmful bacteria. You will end up replacing the acidity of your stomach while boosting the growth of the good enzymes that are needed for a proper digestion. Then, you will repopulate while using probiotics. Finally, you will end up repairing all your intestinal walls. This phase goes for a period of 21 days.
The second phase, unlike the ABC diet before and after, will spread over a period of four weeks. This will help boost your metabolism. Now that you boosted the health of your microbiome and intestines, you are ready to start burning more at rest. This phase is more flexible. So, you can have ingredients that are forbidden in three or four meals per week. You are also allowed to eat the following food:
- Dairy products that are organic
- Grains that are gluten-free
- Sweet potatoes
Phase three is the period during which you get stuck until you lose the weight you need to lose. This phase will also help you maintain your weight loss. Basically, during this phase, you are only allowed to abide by 70%. So, 30% of your meals can be free. But you will need to stay away from processed food, and unhealthy ingredients. So, you need to stay away from trans fats and high fructose syrups. You can only have gluten twice a week and keep away from artificial sweeteners.
The microbiome diet food list
During phase one, you are required to stay away from the following food: anything that is processed and packaged. You need to stay steer of hydrogenated and trans fats. Also, dried and canned foods are a definite No. You are also forbidden to eat the following food:
- Grains like rice and quinoa
- Artificial sugars; so, basically everything that states “diet” on it or “sugar free”.
- Dairy food
- Deli meats
- Sweet potatoes
- Iceberg lettuce
- Canola oil
This is definitely not a simple food diet like the juice diet for weight loss, even though, you will be allowed to be creative with your use of fruits and veggies.
Now that you know what to avoid, you need to have an idea about the food you are allowed to have:
- Salmon that is wild and nor farm-raised
- Meat coming from animals that are grass-fed
- Eggs from free-range chicken
- Goat yogurt
- Fermented veggies like pickles
- Asparagus and carrots
- Artichoke and onions
- Radishes and tomatoes
- Apples and cherries
- Coconut and almonds
- Cinnamon and turmeric.
So, here is what your day can look like:
- Breakfast: a bowl of fruit salad with mint and some nuts on top.
- Snack: celery sticks with almond butter
- Lunch: chicken and veggies soup
- Snack: roasted cauliflower with curry
- Dinner: grilled salmon with a fennel salad (+vinegar), with greens and some fermented beets.
So, to understand every corner of this diet, you can buy the book that costs about $26. You will not need the Daniel diet menu.
The pros of this system:
- You will eat healthy food, you can also add some recipes from the juice diet for weight loss
- Will protect you from many ailments and help you manage many digestive problems, chronic fatigue, arthritis and low immune system.
- A new healthy way of losing weight
- You can have five meals per day
- You do not need to count calories
The cons of this system:
- You might find it very hard to eliminate all the food restricted during the first phase.
- You might feel tired during the first two weeks of this detox
- You will have to dedicate some time for food preparation
- You will start staying away from eating out
- You might need some supplements.
Some recipes for the microbiome diet
When you decide to follow the microbiome diet, you will have to abide by the list of food that is allowed and forbidden. This is not the what is a 2000 calorie diet. This system can be a little rigid; but its reviews swear by the results they obtained. Here are a few recipes you can use:
- Coconut yogurt: you will need some coconut meat, coconut water, raw honey, vanilla powder, lemon zest, fresh cherries and some probiotic powder
- Orange ginger breakfast: chia seeds, orange slices, cinnamon, ginger grated, organic gut powder, coconut milk, almond milk, hemp seeds, pomegranate.
When you pick your meals, it will surely help to know that these foods are very high in probiotics:
- Chicory root
- Green bananas
- Dandelion roots
These foods are expected to be eaten raw. This way you will maximize your absorption of the probiotics in them.