The dr Travis stork lose your belly diet
The new but already adored menu designed by the American doctor Travis Stork is based on an essential fundamental principle: to cleanse and keep your intestines healthy.
According to the Travis Stork idea, the secret to having a flat stomach can be achieved gradually by reducing abdominal swelling and with only one solution: make sure that the intestinal bacteria are doing their work correctly.
Having a healthy bowel means reducing the number of ailments that can cause an annoying swollen belly, including constipation and all the problems and issues associated with it.
If the bacterial flora works properly, they can counteract the assimilation of fats, especially at the abdominal level. This will help you to lose these extra kilograms!
More than being a real diet, the diet suggested by Dr. Stork involves adopting some specific habits, put into practice as often as possible, and especially whenever you start getting bothered by your abdominal swelling.
The rules to follow are not very strict, and, indeed, do not leave you hungry! Everything lies in the fact of choosing healthy, quality food and in checking the daily portions. The diet, in fact, does not have a specific duration and you can follow it according to your needs. Think of it more of a well balanced diet menu.
how to lose abdominal fat?
Dr. Travis Stork has become a celebrity in the United States with his weight loss diet. The basic principle is to act on the bacterial flora and make a calibrated use of carbohydrates. He recently wrote a book called “Lose your belly diet” which promises to help you lose 2 pounds a week, especially around the abdominal level. This diet is surely not the Dr. Dean Ornish diet.
The basic rules are: drink at least two liters of water a day; eat three servings a day of leafy vegetables and vegetables rich in fiber; take in two fruit low in sugar; get two or three courses of whole grains a day; and finally, take in six or seven portions of protein (legumes and dried fruit). Some adopt the apple cider vinegar detox diet for a similar result.
But let’s see in detail some tips from Dr. Stork’s diet:
- You have to eat the right cereals. Every day you must consume two or three portions of whole grains, for example, brown rice and oats, buckwheat and quinoa.
- Avoid food lists that are high in calories. Drastically reduce or avoid foods rich in sugars or fats, e.g., sausages, bacon, processed snacks, carbonated or soft drinks, and even hamburgers.
- Eat foods rich in fibers. Every day you must consume two portions of vegetables, a portion of cereals or legumes, fresh fruit the season twice a day, nuts in small portions. Keep a space for carrots, beans, fennel, and aubergines in your diet. They will help you regularize the intestinal transit and feel less swollen. You can also check the apple diet weight loss.
- Probiotics. A key point of Dr. Stork’s diet is to take a probiotic every day; and then, a portion of yogurt or kefir milk.
- Never forget to drink: Water is the best thing that you can have! The right amount of water is eight glasses a day, which will allow the fibers to operate and keep your constipation away, while carbonated and sugary drinks are to be limited, if not to be avoided at all! Keep an eye also on caffeine. If you do not have too much, it also has many positive effects! This surely can be similar to the clear liquid diet.
- Consume at least six courses of protein. You can check the ideal protein diet recipes. Among the foods that contain proteins, the majority prefers:
- legumes (beans, peas, and lentils),
- milk and derivatives (including classic yogurt, Greek yogurt and low-fat cheese like cottage cheese),
- soy protein to replace the meat (as tofu or tempeh),
- Fatty fish (anchovies, salmon, sardines, swordfish, trout, and tuna) and white meat (chicken and turkey). These can belong also to a heart healthy diet menu.
For condiments or snacks, the ideal are almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios and seeds (pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower).
- Raw vegetables. Every day you must not miss the raw vegetables that are so good for the bacterial flora. So put tomatoes, radishes, carrots, and fennel on the table.
- Physical exercise. To achieve a flat stomach, you will also need to put some effort into physical activity. If you do not have the time or want to go to the gym, you can take long walks.
Lose your belly diet Travis stork book
Travis Stork is the author of many books on diets, the last one entitled “The Lose Your Belly Diet.”
Dr. Stork is a staunch supporter of probiotics and the macrobiotic diet and is convinced that intestinal bacteria are also involved in the way we manage to lose weight or gain weight. And it is precisely on this principle that this diet is based. It has now become a bestseller in America and for weeks was at the top of the ranking of diet books. The book is not really recent but continues to be among the best sellers and appreciated.
The reasons for this success are to be found in the new approach proposed by the Stork diet. Starting from the fundamental role played by intestinal bacteria, Stork argues that the latter plays an important role in weight loss and weight gain. Maybe you still do not know the precise impact, but according to Stork himself in recent interviews, the diet could help fight the problem of obesity in the United States of America.
The principles of the Stork diet are in many aspects similar to those of other diets. First, you have to take three portions of leafy vegetables and vegetables rich in fiber a day, along with two portions of fruit with low sugar content, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and pears.
Then, you can eat two portions of whole grains a day, along with six or seven portions of protein and these include not only meat and fish but also legumes and nuts. And then, the principle common to all diets: avoid any food rich in sugars, carbonated drinks and industrial juices and naturally drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
Lose your belly diet Travis stork amazing recipes
One of the most famous recipes of the Travis Stork diet book is the Veggie Nachos, for this recipe you need only six ingredients:
- Kidney beans ( 1 can)
- Tortilla chips ( without salt if possible)
- Cheddar cheese
- Mexican spicy sauce
- Guacamole, you can make it at home ( the better way)
- Low-fat Greek yogurt.
Take a bowl and put in the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with the beans and add the cheddar cheese. Let melt the cheddar in the oven and top everything with the Mexican sauce. Serve it with two different cups that contain guacamole and Greek yogurt.
Another recipe that you can try inspired by the diet book is the recipe for chicken to all those who love living healthily. Here it is, a new way to cook the chicken that you can add to your menu, made for the people who want to eat chicken differently. Here you will be able to obtain a crispy chicken, tasty, easy to prepare and then a recipe with excellent macronutrients to feed your muscles.
For crispy breading you can use breadcrumbs or crush cornflakes if you want to get more crunchiness that is thicker and fuller; the choice is yours. Even the topping is delicious. It is not a sauce, so do not expect the chicken to swim in the liquid, it is a dense and super tasty glaze to give the chicken a delicious taste and add a little moisture. You can also check some Mediterranean diet recipes.
- 250 g of chicken breast
- 25 g of breadcrumbs or crushed corn flakes
- One tablespoons of Worcester sauce
- One teaspoons of olive oil
- crushed chili pepper
- teaspoon of salt
- one beaten egg
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- One tablespoons of water
- 15 g of honey
- mixed spices
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Cut the chicken breasts in half so that the chicken steaks are not too big (this makes them much more comfortable to cook).
Dip the chicken into the beaten egg, then cover with the breadcrumbs or crushed corn flakes, then place them on a lightly buttered or greased baking sheet with olive oil, then place in the oven for 25 minutes.
For the frosting, take a bowl and add the lemon juice, water, Worcester sauce (you can also find it at the discounts for a good price), olive oil, honey, chili pepper, mixed spices, salt and black pepper and mix.
Once the chicken is ready, remove from the oven and set aside.
Heat a pan over medium heat and add the icing mixture. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring continuously until the glaze thickens. Add the cooked chicken breasts to the pan, cover with the icing and serve.
Some reviews for the lose your belly diet Travis stork
People seem very happy with the results achieved with this diet and benefits for their health (physical and mental). The success stories are many, and the people thanks a lot the Doc. Travis because in the diet, they could incorporate tasty food and have a wide choice of products to eat. The rich salad is what the patients prefer, especially those mixed with croutons and white chicken. Avoid sugar, flower and refined problem was not such a big problem because they could substitute them with whole and organic food, which have more nutrients and is healthier. You can easily get impressed by many before and after pictures. You can also check another impressive systems such as the Christian Bale Machinist diet.
But there are also people who don’t support this type of diet saying that this type of diet is not balanced and easy to follow. They were looking for an educational program, especially when buying the book. Also, people say that there is nothing new in the principles shared in the diet book. You can always complement such results with the 30 day Shred diet.