7-day vegetable soup diet recipe weight loss: what is it?
Hearing the word “vegetable soup” might not appeal you but when it comes to losing weight, 7-day vegetable soup diet has been proven to be very useful in losing weight. So, it’s worth giving it a shot. Vegetable soup diet not only gives you vegetables instead it helps you to lose extra pounds. There are numerous diets out there, for example, one can pick the Kate Middleton diet plan or even a Zero belly diet.
You might think of it to be a silly diet with no nutrition evidence except for the fact it drives you mad!
You can have a lot of soup without even increase in your calories intake, and it will provide you with satiety value due to which you won’t feel hunger, and therefore, it will help you to lose 1-2 lbs a week. This surely is not similar to the 1000 calorie diet results.
7-day vegetable soup diet plan: sample menu and guidelines
The 7-day vegetable soup diet restricts you from consuming many of the food items including:
- Fatty foods: these are also enemies in the triglycerides diet plan.
- The 7-day vegetable soup diet has a duration of 7 days within which you can lose up to 10 lbs.
- Do not consume sugary foods. You are on a diet, therefore, do not let your sweet tooth ruin your plan of dieting.
- Limit your intake of bread.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water and 100% fresh fruit juices. This surely is one tip in the Jennifer Aniston weight loss diet.
- You can eat grilled or baked poultry instead of beef and that too without skin. Beef can be substituted by fish for one of the seven days.
- Do not consume carbonated beverages and sweetened tea and coffee instead opt for a black coffee.
Vegetable soup: 7-day diet plan
The 7-day vegetable soup diet is divided into seven days each with different food groups.
On the first day, you need to eat fruits and soup. Identify what is healthy for you to eat. And you have to stay away from bananas.
On the second day, couple vegetables with soup. The vegetables can be steamed or raw. You have to stay away from fried foods. You can eat sweet potatoes or baked potatoes only on this day. This recipe can also fit the Zero sugar diet recipes.
On the third day, you can fill yourself up with fruits, vegetables and soup keeping in mind the food groups of the day 1 and day 2.
On the 4th day, you can finally eat a banana. Eat soup and banana topped with skimmed milk. You can have three bananas with three meals on this day.
Day 5 is finally the day when you can eat meat because now your body can feel the effects of lacking protein and fat in the diet.
On the day 6, you can eat soup, veggies and meat! You can’t eat potatoes on this day.
On this day, you can finally have some carbs that can be your favourite bread or a bowl of rice. You can also opt for fruit juice, vegetables and other carbs to complement soup.
The vegetable soup diet Recipes
7-Day Diet Weight Loss Soup (Wonder Soup)
Recipe type: Soup
- ½ chopped head of cabbage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- One diced green bell pepper
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can basil, garlic, diced tomatoes
- One teaspoon oregano
- One teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper powdered
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Take large pot and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat it until it begins to simmer.
- Add carrots, celery, bell peppers and onions.
- Sauté for 2 minutes until turns tender.
- Add garlic.
- Pour the chicken broth over the mixture.
- Add tomatoes and cabbage and keep on stirring.
- You need to let it boil; and then, reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the cabbage turns tender.
- Season it with basil, in oregano, black pepper and red pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Taste it with a spoon and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Serve in a soup bowl and enjoy!
Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 chopped whole bell peppers
- 1 can of low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each basil and thyme
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- Take a large pot and add onion and garlic and allow It to cook over medium heat until softened. Add cabbage, carrots and green beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, bell pepper, broth, bay leaves, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Allow it to simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Add broccoli and zucchini and simmer for 5 more minutes until the vegetables soften
- Before serving, remove the bay leaves.
Fat Burning Soup Recipe
- 6 medium size onions
- three tomatoes
- one small chopped head of cabbage
- 2 thinly sliced green bell peppers
- 1 beam of celery ribs
- fresh herbs
- A little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the vegetables into pieces and boil them in a pot.
- Add water to fill the boiling pot so that the vegetables are fully covered.
- Add vegetable bouillon and seasoning and allow it to boil on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low and cook until the vegetables soften.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup
Prep time 45 mins
- Five thinly sliced carrots
- 3 Chopped onions
- Two chopped canned whole peeled tomatoes
- Chopped large head cabbage
- chopped1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion
- Soup mix1 (15 ounces)
- Green beans
- Green bell peppers cubed
- Diced ten stalks celery
- Beef broth
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Ready In 45 minutes
- Place the vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, pepper and celery in a pot.
- Stir in the tomato juice, onion soup mix, water and beef broth to cover all the vegetables.
- Allow the vegetables to simmer until they turn tender.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
7 – DAY – SOUP DIET RECIPE
Ready in 2 hours
- 3 cups of crushed cherry tomatoes
- 2 and a half cup pasta sauce
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 6 chopped green onions
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 bunch of chopped celery and tops
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- two green bell peppers
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 Tsp. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients including tomatoes, pasta sauce, tomato paste, and broth together in a pot.
- Bring the mixture to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash and roughly chop carrots, celery and bell peppers into cubes.
- Wash, trim and cut beans into small pieces.
- Chop green onions.
- Add the vegetables to the simmering pot and stir to combine.
- Add cayenne, mustard, salt, chili powder and paprika and black pepper to soup.
- Stir and allow it to cook on low heat for 60-90 minutes.
Carrot and moong daal soup
- ¼ cup finely chopped Carrots
- 1/8 cup washed and well-drained Green gram lentils or moong dal
- one teaspoon finely ground black pepper powder to taste
- 6 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1/8 cups, finely sliced Onions
- 1 finely chopped medium tomato
- 1/8 cup skim milk
- Sea Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds powder
- 2 cloves
- 1-1 ½ teaspoon oil
- On medium heat, place a non-stick pan.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil.
- Stir in the garlic and onions and sauté on medium heat until the raw smell of onions and garlic disappears, and the color changes to brown.
- Add carrots and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for two more minutes.
- In another pan, roast moong dal until a nice aroma comes.
- Add the veggie mixture, moong dal and about 1.5 cups of water in a large bowl.
- Place them in an instant pot and pressure cook for 3 minutes on high heat then reduce the heat and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl out and allow it to cool.
- Add the mixture to the blender and blend it well until it is pureed.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour over the mixture into it and mix in water, milk, salt, and black pepper powder and allow it to boil for a minute.
- In another pan, add the remaining oil.
- Add the cumin seed powder and cloves.
- Pour the soup into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Vegetable soup diet reviews: how good is the diet?
It’s better to exclude the soups that are creamy and include low-calorie soups such as that made from vegetable, tomato, carrot, mushroom, etc. because a healthy vegetable soup being low in calorie can be very effective in losing 1-2 lbs a week.
It has been proven by studies that our satiety improves on consuming soups as a result of which we consume less with only a few calories which are best for losing weight. Women who ate soup consumed only 100 calories at lunch and didn’t consume more throughout the day to compensate the calories. It is thought that when water is consumed separately, it just does not satisfy hunger rather it satisfies your thirst but when it is mixed with some harsh ingredients, it satisfies your hunger as well.
Vegetable soup diet results: pros and cons
Consuming soup not only helps you to cut down your intake of calories but also improves your satiety resulting in less consumption.
- It can help you in losing weight by limiting your calorie intake.
- Soups seem to be more satiating which therefore leads to less consumption.
- Due to the presence of fiber in the vegetables, it makes you feel satiated by slowing down the gastric emptying and hence reducing hunger causing a low intake of calories after eating soups. You can think of the chicken vegetable soup.
- it’s not expensive.
- It is imbalanced diet as it lacks many of the essential nutrients.
- Lacks carbs and proteins.
- Causes of gas distention and bloating.
- It is quite boring, and a strict diet is restricting you from many of your favourite foods.
Everyone wants a quick weight loss which can be achieved by following 7-day vegetable soup diet as these are fast and easy to consume. Some are detox diets while others can be considered as miracle diets. This diet does not starve you for any reason, and you won’t even feel hungry late at night as these soups can increase your satiety level up to the point that your intake of calories will be reduced up to 100-200 calories only. It’s not expensive and does not require a lot of time for preparation. You can prepare some soups and freeze them which won’t disturb your busy schedule. Remember being healthy is a key factor when losing weight. In case you are not convinced about this system, you can still look for what is a crash diet.