What is a 2000 calorie diet?
The amount of daily food is important. We all know that if we eat too much, we get fat, and if we eat less than we need, we will lose weight. The 2000 calorie diet is a method to have delicious and healthy meals, all designed for weight loss. The 2000 calorie diet is a general intake provided by a dietician and it is the standard quantity that a medium individual needs in a day.
In fact, based on your physical activity the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provides information about the calorie needs of an individual; for example, if you are a moderately active man of 30 years, you would consume around 2000 calories.
Obviously, your daily calorie needs are based on several factors such as your weight, your age, and your activity level. Also if you are male or female. A 2000 calorie diet could be great for people who have bad food habits such as eating a lot of fast food and junk food.
Some guidelines for your 2000 calories diet plan:
- Drinks, fruit, and salads: Do you count drinks in your diet? They are often responsible for the failures of food diets. Wine, beer, Coke, fruit juices, and milk can take a big slice of your calorie needs (from 300 to 1000 kcal per day) if you introduce them in each meal! They might affect your final results. A liter of wine is around 750 kcal. Obviously, it is an amount that makes every diet fail and every attempt to divide the macronutrients correctly. Drinks are also indirectly responsible for excessive calorie intake, for example, if you drink four coffees each with a tablespoon of sugar, you are introducing 70-80 extra calories. You can take a look at the Christian Bale weight loss diet.
- Water – Basically it is the only recommended drink. To be abolished: wine, beer, aperitifs, spirits, soft drinks, fruit juices. Allowed: coffee and tea without sugar or just with artificial-sweeteners, Diet Coke or similar drinks (with artificial sweeteners) are allowed because the calorie intake is around 0. Milk is allowed only for breakfast. Water is an amazing drink that is a major element of the juice detox diet.
- Vegetables: For the salad, you can use green vegetables in oil, lemon or vinegar. Vegetables (classic salad, spinach, cabbage, asparagus, etc.) can be fresh or steamed but must be low-calorie (up to 30 kcal / 100 g, avoid peas, potatoes, etc.). Always use the same amount for all diets (about 100 kcal): 100 g of vegetables seasoned with 9 g of oil (lemon, vinegar, and salt to taste). Take a look at the apple diet plan. You do not need to go vegetarian, just adopt a lot of veggies in your meals.These are great sources of fibers and are highly nutritious.
IMPORTANT NOTE: oil in the salad cannot be added to taste. Use a unique cooking spoon to prevent an extra calorie intake (1 gram of olive oil is around nine calories).
- Bread – Bread is food that makes many diet plans fail. It is often used in meals to get the last of your tomato sauce from the plate. You can eat wheat crackers (so you can avoid the temptation of putting it in your sauce); as alternatives, you can use dietary bread, verifying that it contains only the right ingredients, without food preservatives. Many celebrities pick different ways to lose weight. Take a look at the Kelly Osbourne diet plan.
- Contrary to the conventional belief, cream is not excessively caloric (less than the grain for example). You can use whipped fresh cream. It is an excellent topping for fruit. (choose the animal source, as it contains a little bit more calories 335 kcal against -270 kcal per 100 g – but the vegetable one is rich in hydrogenated fats). Also good as the source of fats are nuts, if you don’t like to top fruit or just eat some cream, it is a perfect alternative. Feel free to check the warrior diet results.
- Bars – Choose only high-quality bars, and always check the calories and macro-nutrients for a single bar. Do not choose bars with a high quantity of sugars or fats; they could be worse than a cheat meal. When you follow the right kind of diet, you will no longer need any weight loss pill like the Adipex diet pills.
- Cereals – With cereals, you can select something like Kellogg’s All-Bran (280 kcal per 100 g); you can easily find it everywhere and it contains a good amount of food fiber.
- Fish: fresh frozen, cooked on the grill, boiled or in the oven. Not recommended are oysters, lobster, caviar. Consume less crustaceans and mollusks. Increase the consumption of blue fish like sardines, herring, anchovies or mackerel, tuna, needlefish. If desired, you can consume them more than three meals a week. Fish is always a good option for the Gerd diet menu.
- Meat: Only selected meats, avoid ones with visible fat (before cooking them), grilled, boiled, roasted, baked, steamed. Poultry skin should be discarded after cooking. Limit consumption of goose, game, duck, offal, and pork.
- Cheese: limited to those recommended in the diet; avoid blue cheese, cheddar, mascarpone cheese. All are rich in fats but low in proteins. You can also choose light cheese.
- Eggs: cook hard-boiled or soft-boiled. Only one per week. For men, this can be a little problematic especially if they are following the Dukan diet.
The primary purpose of the 2000 calorie diet is to form a conscience to ensure that everyone can independently manage his food. It may seem strange, if not even contradictory, to propose a diet for weight loss with that amount of calories. The 2000 calorie diet reported here has, first of all, an educational purpose; that’s the first step to improve your health and also approach a new lifestyle, the first level of food consciousness. It is, however, important to remember that if you are already thin, following a weight loss diet can have very adverse effects, such as a psychological predisposition towards an anorexic personality; it physically leads to a destruction of the muscular masses and a deterioration of the efficiency of the organism. You may also check the liquid diet recipes.
In any case, before following a weight loss diet (including an intake of 2000 calories), you must discuss the menu chosen with your doctor; depending on the state of your health, they will give useful indications and reassure the correctness of the choice made. There are several weight loss regimen that can be all effective, you just need to check which one is the best choice for you. For example, the Wheat Belly food list.
2000 calorie diet menu, an example
Here we have a typical example of a 2000 calorie diet menu; following these bits of advice will bring you to a more conscientious eating concept:
BREAKFAST: You can have grapefruit juice; it contains sugars which allow you to get energy for the day. Add a source of protein such as egg whites and sweet almonds, around 15 g.
SNACK: low-fat yogurt 130 g, whole wheat crackers 35 g and some fresh fruit.
LUNCH: you can make that easy recipe, rice salad – You can make a rice salad (4 servings) with the following ingredients: 150 rice, 1 pack of vegetables for rice salads, 3 anchovies, 100 g of natural tuna, 80 g of diced ham, 100 g of natural salmon, oil (35 g), salt, cottage cheese. You can also pick to have some spaghetti 80 g with meat sauce around 50 g grated Parmesan 20 grams as side dish carrots 200 g seasoned with olive oil 10 g.
SNACK: you can have a kiwi (rich in vitamin C).
DINNER: as dinner a dish of brown rice (80 g), grilled swordfish with some olive oil 10 g. Also, a grilled tuna steak could be nice.
Breakfast: A cup of skimmed milk (250 g) or low-fat milk (skimmed milk) 350 g or low-fat yogurt: 2 jars (250 g) or low-fat fruit yogurt: a small jar (g 125) or apples or fruit (250 g ). A slice of whole bread. You can also have a coffee if desired, without sugar.
Lunch: Pasta 100g or rice 100g or potatoes 370g. Chicken breast 100g or turkey breast with some green salad as a side dish; season everything with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice.
At least 3 times a week, you should eat fish; low-fat fish is better, you can choose between cod, squid, sea bream, sea bass (also tuna is okay but just once a week).
Dinner: Second course + vegetables + fruit + bread.
Here are some extra tips:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil to season raw and cook + 2 and a half tablespoons of corn oil or soy or sunflower to season raw;
- Abolish all alcoholic beverages;
- Avoid consumption of butter, lard, lard, hard margarine, mayonnaise;
- You can drink water, even mineral water, at will;
- Pick an ingredient for your side dish from here and insert it in each of your main meals. You can also combine them!
Vegetables: Zucchini, artichokes, tomatoes, green beans, cucumber or pumpkin, aubergines; carrots, spinach, cauliflower, peppers, asparagus, broccoli, celery, beetroot, red cabbage, fresh mushrooms; lettuce or salad in general.
Fruit: apples or grapefruit or pears or oranges or tangerines or mandarins or pineapples or plums or cherries or kiwis, bananas.
Considering the calories in a diet may be important, but it is not the most important thing: variety, seasonality and cooking methods are just as important. Reducing everything to just caloric intake is a sometimes devastating mistake that prevents weight loss and hampers the formation of a good relationship with food. Make five meals a day, including fruit, vegetables, dairy products, pasta, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and fats, all in a rotation. For other ways of losing weight, you can take a look at the Bone Broth diet plan.