With the rise of the vegetarian diet to lose weight comes all different kinds of weight loss regimen. Some are as simple as the rice and beans diet where you do not have a lot of variations. Some go as far as juicing the food and refraining from eating anything else. Such diets as the detox smoothie diet can be very beneficial for your health as it helps your body get rid of the existing toxins. Everyone wants to lose weight. Whether they end up taking this path or not depends on the factors that could be encouraging them to make significant changes to their lifestyles so they can succeed. Some others want to live healthy, fearing the future. Many have embraced the heart-healthy diet menu that helps to monitor and prevent any possible heart issue. Some even use this diet to make sure they regulate the levels of good and bad cholesterol.
Forget about the cruise control diet warning or any existing diet pill, here is one of the famous diets in the world of dieting. The salad diet is a simplistic and varied way of losing weight.
Salads for weight loss
When you decide to follow a diet that is rich in salads, you might not always land on the best choice for you. While salads are low in calories, their power to make you shed some weight depends on the ingredients in the salad itself and its dressing. Everyone knows the fat content of a full size Caesars’s salad. You do not always have to only eat veggies to lose weight; but, if you follow the right kinds of salads that are rich in nutrients, high in proteins and low in fat, then you might be in for some good results. When your salad contains only very light options, you will end up feeling hungry for the rest of the day. As a result, you will either feel miserable; or, you will end up forgetting about dieting and go back to your old habits. After all, nobody likes to feel hungry all day long.
There are several tricks that one can follow to end up with the right kind of salad. Here are the guidelines:
- Stay away from ready-made salad dressings! These are packed with calories and fat. As a substitution, you may want to use an oil-lemon dressing. You can also go exotic and mix yourself some yogurt and garlic or even a nice vinaigrette dressing. When you add oil, you are giving yourself the option of absorbing a higher amount of nutrients. Vitamins are divided into two categories. There are those that are soluble in water and those that mix up with oils. When you add oil to your salad, you are making sure that your body is getting all the Vitamins A,D, E and K from your bowl of salad. From another angle, olive oil is high in monounsaturated fatty acids. These MUFA have been found to help burn off belly fat.
- Try to have yourself a well-mixed bowl of salad. Mix your greens like arugula, green leaves, spinach, and lettuce among many others.
- Treat yourself to a piece of cheese to top your salad with proteins. You can pick the fresh mozzarella cheese or the grated parmesan. This piece of cheese will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
- Opt for a big piece of lean protein like a salmon, tuna, crab, shrimps or chicken breast. Try to grill or boil the protein. Nothing is more fattening than a fried breaded chicken breast to top your salad. Make sure you pick a reasonable portion.
- Be creative with your veggies. You can add some mushrooms, green peppers, cucumbers, corn, carrots and many other kinds of veggies. You may also add some asparagus, artichoke or broccoli. Veggies are rich in fibers. Fibers help you lose weight by keeping you full for a long period of time. Also, they are very rich in vitamins and nutrients. So, the more options you mix, the wider range of benefits you will end up getting. Whether you are having a salad and soup or just a salad will make a difference. Cooked veggies have different health benefits than raw ones. Forget about the water diet, the salad diet is a great option.
- Say No to croutons and go Nutty instead. While croutons seem to be little harmless crunches, they barely have nutrients and cause your glycemic index to go high. Stay away from these pointless carbs and try to substitute them with nuts. Nuts are good sources of fibers, proteins and good fat. They are filling and can help you burn your fat. Results can be amazing! You can also check the wheat belly diet food list.
Healthy salad recipes for weight loss
While the detox soup diet can be somewhat restricted to certain kinds of veggies cooked in a certain way and having similar tastes, a salad can be far more exotic! Forget about weight loss pills like the Belviq diet pill, here are a few salad recipes that can make sure you enjoy this type of dieting.
- Fresh Beans vegetable salad: this is an amazing recipe that is quite colorful and presents a wide range of tastes. A big plate can contain as much as 400 calories. To prepare it, you need to have three hard boiled eggs, some green beans, mixed green leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, white beans, some parsley, and black pepper. The dressing will be a tasty light vinaigrette that you can prepare by adding together some lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, kosher salt and olive oil. You may also turn it into a tuna salad by adding some tuna chunks.
- Quinoa salad: This is one the best salads. It can be a heavy and filling meal. It is so good that it can elevate your senses with the mix of ingredients it offers. This salad will take about 32 minutes to prepare but is really worth all the time spent on it. You will need some kale, coconut oil, paprika, quinoa, sea salt, chives, radishes, beets, avocados, lime, and carrots. You can have it with a lemon-oil dressing.
- Mango chicken salad: This is an amazing salad that can give you about 550 calories per serving with 14g of fat, 76g of carbs and 34g of proteins. It is a sweet filling dish that will surely keep you away from hunger for a while. To prepare it, you will need some boneless chicken breasts, romaine lettuce, onions, bell pepper, mangoes, black beans, some feta cheese, and cilantro. As for the marinade, you will need some olive oil, pepper, lime juice, salt and garlic. This surely is a mix between a veggies and a fruit salad.
- The summer salad: this is a tasty salad with a tangy twist between veggies and fruits. Every serving will give you about 440 calories with 32g of fat, 31g of carbs and 12g of proteins. To prepare this tasty salad, you will need some baby spinach leaves, berries like strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, hazelnuts, fennel and avocadoes. This salad is very high in antioxidants and good types of fat. You may want to top it with a great tahini dressing that is made of lemon, tahini, olive oil, honey, sea salt, and pepper. This healthy salad can fit perfectly in a Raw Food diet meal plan.
- Shrimp mango salad: This is a tasty and filling salad that can take down your hunger. It is simple and made of lettuce, arugula leaves, corn, grilled shrimps, mango slices, and walnuts. As for the dressing, you may add some lemon, olive oil and mustard. Some like to add some grated parmesan cheese.
Salad diet plan
Staying away from the 1000 calories salad that has more than 70g of fat, one has to plan it well when picking a salad weight loss regimen. While there are many types of weight loss salads like the 21 day salad diet or the 30 day salad diet, the truth is that they are all somewhat similar. You just need to expand the days. Pictures can show the amazing results that were obtained by those who followed such a regimen.
The salad diet plan has nothing to do with the Bulletproof diet meal plan. It could be close to the fruit diet plan; but it has more options and ingredients involved. Here is what you need to know if you decide to follow the system for seven days:
- You need to eat a salad once or twice on a daily basis.
- When you take a dressing, make sure it is low in fat.
- Every salad should have a lean kind of protein.
- Drink a lot of water.
For the seven days, you can pick a spicy cucumber salad for the first day, followed by a quinoa salad for the second day. The third day, you can have a tuna salad; while on the fourth day, you can have an apple chicken salad. The fifth day will be a summer apple salad and on the sixth day a jar salad with quinoa. Finally, the last day can be a strawberry and cucumber salad. When you go on a salad diet, you will be allowed to have some low-fat cheese and lots of veggies and fruits for the morning and snacks throughout the day. Your dinner and lunch would consist of the salad itself. Tea and water are advised to be taken abundantly. When you follow the salad diet, you will no longer check about what is the south beach diet.