What is a raw vegan diet?
A raw vegan food diet favors natural foods, to maintain their vitamin and energy potential. The resulting caloric intake is perfectly balanced, almost free of fats and intoxicants for the body and intestines. This diet stimulates digestion, gives a sense of satiety, detoxifies, and makes you reach optimal weight and hydration. The benefits of this system are many.
You can be omnivorous, vegetarian or vegan. In the first case they also take raw meat and fish, in the second milk, eggs, and honey, and in the third one, only fruit and vegetables. It is the raw vegan that we’re talking about today. This is a diet made up of 70-80% fruit, from vegetables (mainly green leafy) 10-20% and from nuts and seeds 5%.
What does a vegan raw food eat?
Raw foods are consumed in the preparation of juices, smoothies or appetizers. Raw food recipes are not really similar to traditional ones. Raw foods are never subjected to a temperature over 42 degrees. That’s the limit for the products to continue to maintain their enzymes and nutritional qualities such as vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
As substitutes to cooking, other processing techniques are used: foods in the raw food diet are cut, sliced, smoked, centrifuged, marinated, or dehydrated. People think that eating raw is sad, but it is not just about consuming a tomato or a potato and depriving of the diet sweets and tasty things. On the contrary, in raw vegan, foods like desserts are one of the best and healthiest things you have in your life. You can also look at the Yes You Can diet plan.
What are the possible consequences of cooking food?
According to the Swiss Doctor Kouchakoff, cooking would promote leucocytosis, an increase in white blood cells as a defense against food that they do not consider suitable for the body. Also, cooking would change the chemical structure of foods, distorting proteins, oxidizing natural fats and encouraging the formation of free radicals, against which the body continually fights so as not to age. Feel free to check the Dolce diet reviews.
Why eat raw?
According to studies, cooking food will remove all the natural and beneficial substances that nature offers. Enzymes are the basis of raw food principles. They are essential to maintaining the correct functions of the organism, for the digestion of food and the process of tissue reconstruction.
Raw food guarantees a supply of vitamins and minerals not altered by cooking processes, stimulates digestion, gives a great sense of satiety, detoxifies, brings the weight of the body to the right level and moisturizes. You can also take a look at the 17 day diet menu.
Raw also means thinking about the planet. In fact, less waste is produced, energy is saved, and the development of new plant based food is encouraged.
With the raw diet, you will no longer ask yourself what is a low cholesterol diet.
How to start the raw vegan diet?
It is good to face vegan raw while being followed, especially at the beginning, by a nutritionist or a dietician, in order not to risk lack of essential nutrients dictated by superficiality or little knowledge of foods and their properties.
It is a challenging path that must be faced with conscience and small steps, to allow your body to get used to the new diet gradually, as it differentiates exponentially from the previous one.
It is good to start introducing fruit and vegetables into your diet, gradually, replacing our old habits slowly. To obtain the best results, you need to follow thoroughly the system. if you are muscle building, the raw food diet could be a little problematic. You might opt then for a Ketogenic system.
The four mistakes to avoid in raw vegan food
There are some mistakes to be avoided doing a type of diet:
- The most common mistake is that of having excessive enthusiasm and inserting vast quantities of raw fruits and vegetables of the menu from one day to the next.
- Another common mistake is to think that raw automatically means healthy. Consuming an excessive amount of fats such as seeds, nuts, avocados, coconuts is not healthy for example; these foods should be included, but we must give priority to fruits and vegetables;
- Not respecting the right associations of foods can turn out to be an unpleasant mistake; the fruit must necessarily be consumed alone, and the best way to digest and absorb the nutrients is to follow a dissociated regime, so be careful not to mix proteins and carbohydrates;
- To be afraid of any detoxifying effects such as excessive initial thinness, heaviness, headaches, when one approaches raw vegan food. Very often, as already underlined in the article, the raw food regime “dissolves” deposits of accumulated mucus and toxins or deposited inorganic minerals, and this can lead to unpleasant detoxifying effects;
Raw vegan diet recipes
Here we have some recipes for your vegan diet, delicious and easy to make:
- GUACAMOLE: Avocado Mexican salsa
To make Guacamole – the salsa with Mexican avocado – take a bowl and crush the avocado inside with a fork until you get a puree, but take care to leave some pieces of the fruit whole.
Add the onion, tomatoes and green pepper cut into small cubes, the juice of the squeezed lime, salt, and pepper. Decorate with some coriander leaves. This recipe can also be included in the special K diet reviews.
- COCONUT Cookies (Raw)
- almonds 50 g
- Chia seeds 15 g
- apricots 60 g
- water one tablespoon
- Coconut flour 50 gr
To prepare the coconut and chia seeds snacks, start blending all the ingredients with a food processor.
To see if the consistency of the dough is good, you need to take a little bit of the dough and press it between your fingers. If it stands together easily proceed otherwise add more apricots if too dry or more coconut flour if too moist. Leave the dough to rest for about 20-30 minutes.
Use a 6 cm dough cup to form snacks of about 30-35 grams: coconut cakes without cooking are ready to be enjoyed.
These cookies would perfectly fit in the Beyonce diet plan.
Raw chocolate ice cream
- Doses: 5 people
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- 4-5 Frozen bananas in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of raw bitter cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (unpasteurized) is optional but it is fine
- Chopped hazelnuts (to soak for at least 4 hours) to decorate and give an extra tone
- First of all freeze the fruit you need, maybe in the morning or the night before. Possibly cut into coarse pieces. Then take it out 10 minutes before. Put all the ingredients in a glass in order to mix the cream with a mixer (or in a blender, but if your blender is not strong enough it could break with frozen bananas, so leave a few minutes out of the freezer before blending) until to obtain a creamy consistency, just from ice cream. It will look like a single scoop of ice cream.
- Put it in a bowl and serve with the grain and a sprinkling of raw cocoa. In case you want to taste it at another time, transfer it to the freezer and take it out for 15 minutes before enjoying it.
- Serve covered with chopped hazelnuts previously soaked in water for about 4 hours and coarsely chopped. You can also not soak the nuts and if you are not raw food you can use those toasted (remember that the toasting does not go well with the raw food diet).
raw vegan diet before and after: pros and cons of the diet
The elimination of any cooking technique, besides not altering the natural composition of foods, makes them even more digestible. Even if on a non-raw diet, it is advisable to start the meal with a raw food, because it supplies digestive enzymes; it is, therefore, easy to understand how detoxifying the raw food diet can be. You can also check the fodmap diet app.
The environmental effects of the raw food diet on a global scale are also positive, since it allows us to eliminate 90% of the garbage produced every day contributing to the protection of the environment, as well as drastically limit the use of gas and electricity. You may also check the Beyond diet review.
You must accept the renunciation of some foods in their after-cooking version. For example, spinach with cooking loses the oxalic acid of which they are rich, and the same applies to the solanine contained in the peppers. Raw food diet is poor in meat for a simple reason: as regards food of animal origin it is essential to know the exact source and have guarantees of hygiene since if they are consumed, they will not be subjected to sterilization due to cooking. For other weight loss systems, you may want to take a look at the Weight Watchers diet plan point system.
The cons are, first of all, low levels of vitamin B12 (as is the case with vegetarian diets, because the animals are a good source). And of course, the high number of bacteria that are destroyed during cooking is not eliminated. Cooking that is not always negative, as in the case of tomato. For some studies whose lycopene of this vegetable remains usable by the organism even if boiled. It is true, explains Medical News Today, that some chemicals prevent the absorption of minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium. On the other hand, the cooking of some foods is favorable to the same elements: in spinach, it makes iron and calcium more available. The significant doubt remains on safety because not only meat but also sprouts can be carriers of salmonella, listeria, and Escherichia coli. As for detox power, if we intend a greater functionality of intestine and liver, we talk about a “biologically implausible and clinically unproven” concept. Expert advice: eat fresh, organic and zero-kilometer fruit and vegetables. And to minimize processed food: this will be more than enough.
For amazing diets, you can take a look at the liquid diet recipes.