The imbalance of blood sugar in people with diabetes is a key cause of uncontrolled weight gain. This is brought about by incorrect levels of insulin, which often results in developing diabetes. For such people, Metformin is the best option. Metformin combined with a healthy diet will help control both the level and concentration of blood sugar in the body.
So what is a metformin diet plan?
Metformin is a prescription medicine. It is taken orally and produces some of the best success stories for people with diabetes looking to lose weight. Metformin weight loss diet plan includes a combination of foods that should be taken for a patient making use of a Metformin dosage for weight loss.
Metformin and diet plan
Below is a quick overview of the recommended Metformin and diet plan:
- It important to eat complex carbohydrates, like the ones in whole grains, creameries, and fruits. Avoid processed carbohydrates like the ones in processed sugars and bread.
- Include fish meals into your diet two or three times a week. Fish oil is very effective in bringing about weight loss.
- Cholesterol is another very harmful substance which should be limited as much as possible when taking Metformin and weight loss diet plan. It is abundant in foods like eggs and other fatty foods.
- Increase your intake of fiber. Fiber is abundant in fruits, especially fruit pulps from juicer machines.
How does metformin dosage work?
Once taken, a Metformin dosage will decrease the rate at which usable glucose is absorbed into the body. Other effects include lowering the rate at which the liver converts the absorbed glucose. Lastly, it increases the rate at which insulin is sensed and made use of in body cells.
Success stories from various patients have proven the effectiveness of Metformin. However, the expected results may not be seen as quick, especially for patients still eating sugar-rich products alongside Metformin dosage.
How to take metformin weight loss dosage
A Metformin dosage is taken with meals. This means that it can be taken as many as three times a day. Depending on the desired results, the intake can be reduced to as low as one pill per day. Your doctor will tell you the best way for you to take Metformin.
As seen in the above paragraph on how Metformin works, it is clear that taking the dosage with meals is likely to produce better results than once per day.
The recommended metformin dosage for weight loss
There should never come a time that you take Metformin weight loss drugs without the prescription of a doctor. You might end up interfering with the levels of blood sugar to fatal levels.
In most reviews and for most patients, Metformin 500 mg and 1000 mg are most commonly prescribed. There are two forms in which Metformin comes in, which you should get clarifications on from your doctor.
Things you should never do with metformin
- Do not start with higher than Metformin 500 mg dosages. Never exceed a 2550 mg dosage per day.
- Avoid foods rich in processed sugar contents.
- The tablets should be taken orally. Do not break or chew the tablet.
- Never prescribe a dosage for yourself. Let a doctor do the prescribing.
Who can use metformin weight loss diet?
Metformin is for people with Type Two Diabetes. It can be taken by adults or children. However, the dosages will greatly vary depending on age, desired results, type of Metformin dosage, and other factors determined by your doctor. It is best that you be prescribed and get the necessary advice from a doctor.
What do reviews for metformin and weight loss say?
Reviews for Metformin and weight loss show a significant level of success stories.
There are side effects to be expected from taking a Metformin dosage or diet plan. They include fatigue and inconsistency in blood pressure. Be sure to discuss Metformin with your doctor.