low carb high-fat diet plan
For some years now, low carb diets have been the subject of intense debate. These type of diets are subject to controversy because they affect weight loss effectiveness, but also there could be repercussions on the health of those who follow the diet. The Mediterranean diet is undoubtedly a better and healthier alternative to achieve results without consequences, as said by some nutritionists. You can also check the Bone Broth diet recipe.
Low carb diets were in fashion for a long time in the world of bodybuilding and also shared in the medical field. These diets began in the early 90s, taking advantage of the decline of low-fat diets that can lead to better fat loss diet results.
Low carb diets provide less than 100 grams of carbohydrates per day, between simple and complex, while the breakdown of the energy macronutrients varies according to the current of thought. So, you can forget about the Belviq diet pill.
In particular, some argue that a low carb diet should be high in fat and maintain about the same amount of protein, giving a nutritional breakdown similar to the following:
- 50-60% of lipids
- 20-30% of proteins
- <30% of carbohydrates.
Others believe that it is essential to eliminate foods that contain carbohydrates, freely increasing protein foods and thus determining a subdivision similar to this:
- 50-60% of lipids
- 40% of proteins
- <10% of carbohydrates.
It is fundamental to underline that the total energy supplied by these alimentary regimes is almost always lower than a maintenance diet, which makes low-carb diets another of these hypocaloric strategies. You can also check the Forskolin diet plan.
If the low carb diet does not include large amounts of protein and provides a moderate amount of energy, it is a ketogenic type diet. That determines the relevant production of ketone bodies. However, low-carb diets (i.e., only high fat) are quite rare, and almost all are also hyper proteins (as in the two cases we have just mentioned). You can also take a look at the mind diet food list.
How does a low carb diet work?
The first question that needs to be answered is: Why should a low carbohydrate diet facilitate the consumption of fat in adipose tissues? Basically for three reasons:
- Insulin calming: insulin is an anabolic hormone which, if released in excess, tends to increase the fatty deposit. Reducing the secretion also decreases the tendency to accumulate lipids in the fat. The LCHF diet does not require you to have diet pills.
- Increased fat metabolic consumption: when the intake of carbohydrates in the diet is drastically reduced, in the first 24-48 hours, there is an increase in the oxidation of triglycerides and glycogen (polymer reserve of glucose deposited in the liver and muscles). Feel free to check the 17 day diet meal plan.
- Reduction of appetite: due to the anorectic effect of the ketone bodies (intermediate of “waste” residues from the oxidation of fatty acids in the absence of glucose), which facilitates the reduction of dietary intake.
These type of diets are usually followed by people who don’t know what a low-carb diet is and the related side effects. Also, they are used in bodybuilding before a contest to show all the muscle details.
Low carb high-fat diet recipes
If you are vegan but don’t want to try a low-carb diet, this is also a good recipe for you! Here it is an easy recipe to give an extra taste to your recipes:
- white spring onion:
- olive oil;
- salt, pepper.
To obtain mayonnaise, we put an avocado cut into coarse pieces with the juice of half a lemon and salt, mix everything. Add the extra virgin olive oil gently to obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture, and finally adjust to taste with salt and add a little bit of white pepper.
Baked salmon: Another tasty recipe for your LCHF diet could be a baked salmon; here is a simple recipe to follow for a nice salmon:
- Two salmon fillets
- Two minced garlic cloves
- Six tablespoons of oil
- a teaspoon of dried basil,
- black pepper and salt
- lemon juice
- a teaspoon of chopped parsley
Preparation: Prepare the marinade by mixing the minced garlic, with a tablespoon of oil, the dried basil, black pepper and salt, the lemon juice and the minced parsley. Cover the salmon fillets with the marinade and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, for each side. Arrange the fillets on an aluminum foil, cover with marinade and cook for about 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
Low carb high-fat diet meal plan
Here is a simple menu to give an idea of the low carbohydrates diet:
Breakfast: 4-5 protein or wholemeal biscuits, or a wholegrain plumcake.
Snack: 2-3 protein or wholemeal biscuits, or a bar.
Lunch: a slice of grilled salmon seasoned with a little raw oil and aromatic herbs.
Snack: half avocado, vegetables.
Dinner: tuna steak accompanied by a mixture of mushrooms, courgettes, and baked aubergines.
Breakfast: Half avocado with Greek yogurt.
Snack: Low-carb protein bar.
Lunch: smoked swordfish with vegetables.
Snack: 5 almonds with some protein in powder.
Dinner: grilled veal with vegetables.
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, with two slices, or in an omelet or scrambled eggs
Snack: Whole milk, 200ml and a sandwich with bresaola
Lunch: steamed cod with zucchini, half apple
Dinner: tuna steak with steamed vegetables
Other examples of snacks:
- a handful of walnuts or almonds
- Cubes of Parmesan cheese
- Boiled egg
- Celery with cream cheese
How the low carb diet works and the rules to follow
- You need a glass of water when you wake up and at least two liters during the day. Tea and herbal teas are also good, but not sweetened, even with sweeteners.
- The snack includes 2-3 protein or wholemeal biscuits, or a bar (only one a day, that is, if you choose it mid-morning should not be eaten in the afternoon).
- Only later can a yogurt or fruit be introduced as a snack. Among these, you can choose between an apple, a pear, an orange, half grapefruit, half a melon, a peach, two plums, half a banana. Prohibited persimmons, figs, and grapes.
- Seasons choose between lemon juice, salt, pepper, chili pepper, white or red wine vinegar,
- One spoon of extra virgin olive oil raw, aromatic herbs, spices, garlic, onion, and shallot.
- In the low carb diet, the vegetables are recommended. But everyone can choose their favorite vegetables.
- Food list for the vegetables that you can eat without limits are: cauliflower, lettuce, beet, zucchini, radicchio, broccoli, cucumber, escarole, celery, watercress, soy sprouts, champignon, spinach, fennel, porcini mushrooms, thistles, salad Belgian, endive, cabbage, lettuce, arugula, radish, valerian, chicory, white cabbage.
- The vegetables that you have to limit in your food list and can use in small quantities (maximum 200 g) are asparagus, aubergines, yellow squash, Brussels sprouts, green beans, turnips, tomatoes, artichokes and yellow and red peppers.
- Forbidden are potatoes, corn, red beets, carrots, and legumes. You should prefer the types of cooking without fat, such as steam, grilled, baked or in the oven.
- Carbohydrates are introduced twice a week. It is preferable to avoid refined ones and choose between barley, spelt, and whole grains.
low carb high fat diet side effects
Low carbohydrate diets are based on ketosis, a mechanism that involves the rapid depletion of glucose that comes from the few carbohydrates introduced with the diet and that represent the fuel for most of the vital organs including brain, heart, and muscles. The consequent recourse by the organism is to the accumulated fat to obtain the energy necessary to satisfy the needs. The use of fats instead of carbohydrates is not a physiological mechanism. The organism, before using them, is “forced” to transform them precisely into ketone bodies. These ketone bodies have certain characteristics that make them similar to sugars, first of all, their considerable speed of introduction and speed of use but you will pay the price of straining kidneys and liver for the overwork they are subjected for their disposal, as well headache and constipation.
Another risk that you must consider when following high-protein diets is that the state of ketosis evolves into ketoacidosis, a clinical emergency that can have very serious consequences. Even if accompanied under medical supervision, studies have repeatedly confirmed that these diets, in the long run, lead to a reduction in muscle mass rather than superfluous fat to obtain glucose with a consequent reduction in basal metabolism. They become less efficient than initial weight loss.