The yogurt diet: what is it?
When it comes to weight loss, some people opt for a low carb diet while others follow a low-fat diet. Some even might turn to a diet rich in non-starchy vegetables. There are actually several diet systems out there, ready to be explored such as the Сontrave diet pill or even the 17 day diet meal plan.
Food, when digested thoroughly, improves your GI tract health and the overall health. The intestinal flora living in your GI tract has a protective effect on your body from infection. Therefore, to prevent imbalances in the body due to stress, use of antibiotics and poor diet, 2 liters of yogurt every day is recommended. This way of eating is referred to as yogurt diet which is a simple diet that can help you in losing weight by improving digestion, strengthening the immunity, detoxification, and activation of your metabolic activities.
Yogurt diet, unlike the low sodium diet menu, includes not only yogurt but also fresh fruits, meat, and vegetables as well, provides you with significant benefits of dairy without the addition of fat or calories, as it provides more calcium and protein per serving of dairy. Yogurt has been proven to be a calcium-rich food that helps you to lose weight by burning fat.
Is yogurt good for diet?
To lose weight, you need to cut down calories from your total calorie intake. There is no single food that can determine whether you can lose weight or not. Your calorie intake can be reduced by consuming foods such as yogurt. Yogurt is good for diet as it is best for weight reduction when it is consumed on its own, or with low-calorie nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, etc. and not when you add sweeteners to it.
We should not forget that yogurt is made from milk. Therefore, those who eat yogurt can get animal protein and other vital nutrients like calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B12, etc. Another most important constituent of yogurt is probiotics which are friendly bacteria present in your GI tract responsible for boosting up the immune system and promoting your digestive health. Yogurt also helps in preventing hypertension. You might fit yogurt in many weight loss systems like the 1200 calorie diet plan or even the one meal a day diet results.
Benefits of eating yogurt:
- Promotes weight loss of up to 1-1.5 lbs a week.
- Rich in nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, protein, and probiotics.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Reduces the risk of hypertension, CVD, diabetes type 2, irritable bowel syndrome and other chronic illnesses.
- Improves bone health as the yogurt diet provides enough calcium and vitamin D. Therefore, it reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Not a proper diet to be followed by lactose intolerants as the yogurt is a source of lactose can increase gastrointestinal distress.
- Those with diabetes Mellitus need to talk to their dietitian regarding their eating styles because yogurt diet also has added flavorings that are not sugar-free and can lead to increased blood glucose levels.
Yogurt only diet: the guidelines
The guidelines for following the yogurt diet includes:
- You can take a start by eliminating all the harmful foods from your diet including processed foods and sugary foods. Replace these with fresh fruits and vegetables and course yogurt.
- Search for low fat, whole milk or plain yogurts and that too without sweeteners or flavorings.
- Greek yogurt is preferred over the regular yogurt because of its high protein content and low or no fat content.
- If opting for homemade yogurt make sure it is safe and hygienic for consumption.
- While buying yogurt from a grocery store, always read the label to determine what nutrients are present in the yogurt. Also, always read the ingredients list and look for sugar, artificial flavors, dyes, etc. as they shouldn’t be chosen for consumption.
- Do not add sugar or artificial sweeteners in the yogurt. However, if eaten as dips, you can add spices.
- The duration of yogurt diet is seven days within which you would be able to lose 10 pounds of body fat.
- Use plain unsweetened yogurt, avoid using sugar and salt. You can add fruits or vegetables to it.
- Yogurt diet not only includes yogurt; but also, consists of two to three servings of lean protein, five to eight servings of whole grains. Also, you can have about two to three servings of fruits and vegetables.
Yogurt diet plan sample
Breakfast: Instant pot coconut yogurt *(Recipe mentioned below in the recipes section)
Lunch: Air fried beef steak and vegetables with mint dipping
Snack: Fruit yogurt *(Recipe mentioned below in the recipes section)
Dinner: Spiced Dal with Fluffy Rice and Salted Yogurt
Snack: Nutella frozen yogurt *(Recipe mentioned below in the recipes section)
Best yogurt for sugar-free diet & Recipes
Packed with metabolism boosting protein and probiotics, yogurt has all the qualities of being a part of weight loss foods. But most of the yogurt comes in the form of flavors with added sugars and artificial sweeteners that lead to many health-related issues. Therefore, when looking for the best quality yogurt in a grocery store, opt those that are high in good fats and protein and are unsweetened yogurt. Yogurt is a great option for a Keto diet.
Some of the good quality yogurts include Siggi’s Icelandic Style Strained Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt, Fage Total 2% Greek Yogurt and Wallaby Organic Greek Plain Low-fat Yogurt.
Instant pot coconut yogurt recipe
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 9 hours
- Makes: 1.5 cups (350ml)
- Three cans of coconut milk
- Four capsules of probiotics
- 2 tbsp. gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Blender or food processor
Four small jars with lids to store the yogurt in
- Remove the cream on the top of coconut milk cans using a spoon. Add it in the instant pot bowl.
- Lock the lid, press the yogurt button, press adjust until it begins to boil.
- When it’s done, remove the bowl and let it cool. Use a thermometer to check the temperature when it reaches 38 C which is the most appropriate temperature for the culture to grow. This temperature ensures the cultures can grow.
- Open the probiotics capsules and pour the liquid within it into the mixture.
- Place the bowl containing mixture back into the pot, lock the lid and press the button of yogurt and set the time up to 8 hours.
- Add the yogurt to the blender jug and gradually add gelatin when blending. Gelatin will thicken the yogurt. This diet is surely as simple as it can get, no more fancy HCG diet recipes.
- You will need to put it in the refrigerator and allow it to cool and thicken for a few hours.
Yogurt Mint Sauce Recipe
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- Active Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Two medium chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Add yogurt, garlic, mint, lemon juice, cayenne, cumin in a small bowl and stir to mix them.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, then serve, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Homemade Fruit Yogurt
Makes: about 6 cups
- 9 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp. yogurt culture
- Pureed fruit
- Maple syrup
- Gently heat the milk in a large saucepan until it begins to steam. Remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature
- Take a small bowl and mix the yogurt culture and about ¼ cup of lukewarm milk until smooth. Add in the rest of the milk in the saucepan.
- Transfer the mixture to seven 7-ounce yogurt jars. Arrange the jars and cover the base with a plastic lid.
- Turn on the yogurt maker and set the time for 7 hours according to your requirements.
- When it’s done, take it out from the yogurt maker and place it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- After the yogurt is chilled, add a few spoonfuls of the fruit puree and a little maple syrup in each pot of yogurt.
- 2 cups ripe fruit-pears, berries and chopped peaches.
- One tsp. turbinado sugar
- Add the fruit and sugar in a saucepan and add ¼ cup water.
- Heat it over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes until the fruits soften and begin releasing their juices. Mash the fruit chunks and strain it through a sieve.
- Place it aside to cool and then cover it and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Nutella Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut butter or Nutella
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch pure stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup milk
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients except chocolate chips or stir by hand until smooth.
- If you have an ice-cream maker, transfer the blended mixture to it and churn according to the directions.
- Also, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place it in the refrigerator for a few hours until chilled.
Spiced Dal with Fluffy Rice and Salted Yogurt
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsps. coconut oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 2-inch grated ginger
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1½ cups peas
- Two tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- Red pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Cooked rice
- Black pepper
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a pot. Stir in the onion until golden brown and softened.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally, until it evaporates for about 1 minute.
- Add peas, turmeric, coriander, red pepper, cardamom and cook for about 30 seconds by constantly stirring, until fragrant.
- Add 4 cups of water and allow it to boil. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer, until peas are very tender and most of the water is absorbed for 12-14 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it warm over low heat while making the toppings.
- Extract the lemon juice by cutting it into two halves and squeezing it through a squeezer.
- Add salt, sugar, red onion and toss, and soften the onion with your hands.
- Add 2 tbsp. of water in yogurt and season it with salt.
- Take a platter of rice, pour the dal over with a drizzle of salty yogurt and a topping of onion and pepper.
- Garlic and Herb Yogurt Dip
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsps. chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 ounces baked potato
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients including yogurt, chives, garlic, dill, lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Serve with baked potato chips.
The yogurt diet, unlike the wheat belly diet reviews, focuses on balanced nutrition and the use of probiotics. Individuals who are conscious of losing their weight, reducing GI tract distress and want to manage their chronic illnesses should follow this diet. It not only helps you to lose weight but also boost your metabolism, detoxifies your body, balances digestion, fights against many diseases and maintains the digestive health and overall health of your body. If you like healthy and wellness oriented systems, you can look for what is a macrobiotic diet.