Traditionally, ways to detox the body have revolved around some liquid filled in a fancy bottle decorated with pictures and all sorts of magical benefits promised. But who can tell what the bottles really contain and how magical it really is?
Recently, attention has been directed towards how to detox the body with diets plans. It is much safer and affordable than other weight loss plans. In fact, specific options such as forskolin diet plan have been developed to help lose weight.
A good number of experts are skeptical when it comes to the effectiveness of body detox weight loss results. Much more is involved in weight loss than it seems on the surface.
How to detox your body to lose weight
First of all, we will need to know what it means to do a detox diet or diet pills. As the name suggests, a detox is supposed to get rid of toxins in the body. Your body has undigested chunks of food in the gut. Often, those undigested foods contain toxins, which causes bloating and encourage rapid weight gain.
There is also the issue of getting rid of water weight. Sometimes, factors contribute to retained water in the body, which in turn contributes to being overweight.
Detox diets follow a fasting period meant to limit the number of calories that you consume. Ideally, during the detox, your body will use more stored fats to be metabolized for energy. A fast can be accompanied by the strict inclusion of only fruits, vegetables, and water. A detox can also involve supplements, cleanses, herbs and teas.
The best ways to detoxify your body to lose weight
When it comes to how to detox your body to lose weight, there are strict changes to make for your diet plans to be successful. If weight is to be dropped quickly with a detox diet, you should consume no more than 1,500 calories per day. You may need to learn more about the issue of how many calories should I eat to lose weight. The foods you eat should include:
- Raw vegetables – They are low in calories and provide the vitamins needed for normal bodily functions. They are good sources of needed fiber. Fruits are as well.
- Lean proteins – They take longer to break down, thus cutting down food cravings. They also ensure that weight loss is not accompanied by muscle loss.
- Unsaturated fat – They provide for energy without necessarily adding on weight.
- Beans – These are excellent sources of proteins that animal products such as fish do not provide.
- Fruits – Fruits contain vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Some are also known to reduce constipation and other stomach disorders.
- Water – It is involved in the detoxification process and helps the liver and kidneys greatly. Drinking enough water discourages water retention. Water also boosts metabolism.
Ways to how to detox your body to lose weight
Now that we have seen the foods to include in a detox meal plan, let’s have a look at what to avoid:
- Processed foods – They are full of carbs. Even worse, they have little natural fiber. Fiber helps the digestive process, and without it, you may experience bloating or constipation.
- Sweetened foods – These foods with added sugar are sources of unnecessary carbs and sugar. However, be careful of natural sweeteners, such as honey. An effective body detox must be free from any form of sweeteners.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has loads of calories that mostly end up unused in the body. Additionally, drinks such as fruit juice contain a lot of calories and sugar which also often end up unused.
- Caffeine – As much as it is a stimulant, it should not be included in any diet plan to detox your body to lose weight fast.
How can I detox my body to lose weight fast?
Everyone wants results quickly. If your goals for a detox revolves around losing 3-5 pounds in a week, below are some detox meal plans you can give a try.
Start the day with 1-2 cups of lemon detox water. Cook some broccoli with olive oil and enjoy them with two eggs. Some cheese can also be added. At the end of the meal, choose a fruit of your liking.
Before mid-day, try some nuts and fruit.
At lunch, eat a protein source (chicken, fish, turkey, etc.), black beans, vegetables, and make a salad. The salad should be made of mostly vegetables. Citrus fruits such as oranges can be squeezed to the top of the salad.
Before dinner, drink 1-2 cups of lemon detox water. For your meal, make some salmon with sliced tomatoes and avocados. Add some chili pepper to the mixture for extra flavor.
For your last meal, consider a chunk of lean protein and some marinated vegetables.
These are examples of a meal plan for detox body. It is pretty simple and not as strict as other diets. You can search for other detailed meals plans or some with even more stringent requirements. The bottom line is that the best body detox will mostly revolve around cutting calories while at the same time maintaining a healthy diet.
Some experts may recommend options such as garcinia cambogia Walmart for fast results. One thing to be made clear though is that supplements are mostly ineffective for long-term effects.
How do best body detox pills for weight loss work?
Before explaining the expected results of body detox pills weight loss, it is good to discuss the reality of a detox diet plan effectiveness.
As it happens, there is not much evidence to support the effectiveness of these diets. Naturally, the kidneys and the liver flush most of the body toxins out. The main reason as to why such diets may just work is because they replace rich sources of nutrient-deficient high carb foods.
It’s important to be aware of the body detox pills weight loss effectiveness and even safety, and any other diet plan you try. Most detox pills are sold as colon cleanses, which is intended to flush out trapped and undigested food chunks in your large intestines.
The problem is that some of such pills end up causing bloating. Other pills will persistently require you to use the bathroom many times a day.
The best approach is to check with your doctor if having constant issues with your digestive system. The problem may be a deeper rooted issue than just some undigested food chunks in the colon.
As to a detox diet, you can try one to jumpstart a weight loss program. Remember that weight loss cannot be achieved by only changing your diet. In fact, other than high and low-intensity exercises, you many may need to consider supplements such as premium pure forskolin.
How to detox your body to lose weight with detox waters
In the meal plans above, you may have noticed the mention of lemon detox water more than once. It was not by mistake.
Detox waters are becoming very popular. Unlike fruit juices, they are weight loss remedies with water as the main ingredient. Fruits such as lemon, watermelon, cucumber, and others are added to infuse a flavor into the water, basically making it more drinkable.
According to reviews, detox waters can aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism and also helping in body detoxification. Again, the evidence to support their effectiveness is limited. In fact, be cautious when using detox water for weight loss. Side effects can include malnutrition and muscle loss.
The bottom line is that detox diets and pills cannot be depended on for long term and in fact significant weight loss. This also goes for supplements, herbs, teas, and the like. For example, some raspberry ketones or garcinia cambogia reviews will promise you quick weight loss with minimum lifestyle changes. As much as that may happen, the weight you lost will come back once you stop taking the supplements.