Essentials oils have been used for a very long time. Even in the earliest days of human civilization, it was known that there were healing properties in the different parts of plants, like seeds, roots, and bark. It is in such parts that essential oils for weight loss are extracted from. Some natural sources include fish oils, nut oils, and coconut oils.
Three benefits of essential oils for weight loss include:
- Detoxifying the body
- Suppressing excessive appetite; in this way, it is less likely that one will eat large quantities of food or frequent meals.
- Reduction of stress; when aiming to lose weight, it is important that the mind is in the right psychological state.
What essential oils are good for weight loss?
To the question of what essential oils are good for weight loss, no single answer can be provided. This is because so many essential oils for weight loss can be accessed today.
To find the right essential oil for you, the best thing is to go through them one by one, compare their pros and cons, and talk to your doctor.
TOP five essential oils for weight loss
Below is a list of top five essential oils for weight loss. This is not an exhaustive list, just our top five.
- Grapefruit oil – It is hard to leave this essential oil out of the number one position. It enhances enzyme activation to assist in the breakdown of fats.
- Lemon oil – There is a popular rumor that eating a lot of lemons will make you skinny. This rumor has some truth to it! Lemon essential oil is a powerful detoxifier, energy booster, and a good source of vitamin C.
- Ginger oil – Excess weight may be as a result of an inflammation of the intestines. Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint Oil – This essential oil has a calming effect and can relax one’s muscles. This oil also helps aid in digestion, easing stomach pains.
- Cinnamon Oil – This essential oil is used to reduce inflammation and increase circulation. It is recommendable for people with fluctuating blood sugar levels.How to use essential oils for weight loss
It is likely that each essential oil will come along with special instructions on how to correctly use it. However, some instructions will be applied to many of them.
For some oils like lemon oil, coconut oil, or even fish oil for weight loss, add one to three drops of the oil into your drinking water. It also is possible to use more than one type of the oils at a time. Make sure when you want to add to your water, that you ensure the essential oil is intended for consumption. If you are not sure, ask the storekeeper.
The most popular method of using essential oils for weight loss is by applying them to different parts of the body. For example, in reflexology, essential oils are applied at different parts on a patient’s feet and to different parts of the body for a massage. The oils too can be applied to one’s palms, inhaled or through an oil burner.
Is fish oil for weight loss effective?
Fish oil for weight loss is effective but is more often recommended for brain health rather than weight loss. However, it is a great source of protein and should be included in any weight loss diet plan.
Fish oil for weight loss can be classified in the same category with coconut and nut oils.
What is the cost of essential oils for weight loss?
The cost of essential oils for weight loss range from as low as $6 to $60. This depends on the type of essential oil you are purchasing as well as the volume of the oil.
It is advised that you take more than one essential oil at the same time, which can reduce costs if you take lower doses.