dr gundry’s diet evolution
Dr. Steven Grundy is an American surgeon who is devoted to teaching people how to eat well and live a healthy lifestyle. His passion is to keep your heart at its optimal health. Steven initiated his awareness plan by developing a regimen targeting people who have a high cholesterol level. Soon after, he realized that this diet can help a lot of people be healthy and stay steer of chronic diseases such as blood pressure. So, he launched his book that he called “The Diet Evolution”. His ways are simple; Steven wants you to shift your own eating patterns more towards a plant oriented lifestyle instead of an animal protein one. He is not interested in a fat burning diet. He just wants you to live healthier. Fat loss diets have one main goal, to help you lose weight and look your best. Grundy’s diet evolution wants to progressively get you used to a healthier lifestyle by gradually making the necessary changes to your own diet. This man believes that his diet is a revolution in the world of cardiovascular health. Steven has written many diet books such as “The Plant Paradox.” This surgeon explained in one of his books about how to live your life away from inflammation by lectin avoidance. This system is called the matrix diet.
New Food Pyramid: dr gundry’s diet food list
With his special research, Dr. Grundy decided that it is about time to make changes to the food pyramid. According to him, the existing pyramid is poorly developed, which is affecting people in a negative way. He explains that while the main part of the pyramid is bread products, these can contain a lot of preservatives and unhealthy ingredients. And since we do not need these kinds of unhealthy ingredients, we should abort this method.
That’s why Steven decided to develop the plant diet food pyramid. So, here is what his system relied on:
- The first pillar of the pyramid is the good sources of fat. According to Steven, these are the main healthy factors in our diet. Also, you are expected to have cruciferous veggies. The food list of this part includes olive oil, avocado oil, avocados, lettuce, parsley, fennel, broccoli, asparagus, and cabbage among many others.
- Another pillar of his pyramid consists of an empty space where you should be skipping a meal. This guideline is based on the fact that people, in the old times, used to only eat when they used to find food. Food used to be scarce. So, Steven explained that at some time of the day, our body needs to relax and not eat.
- The third pillar is the nuts, and grains that are lectin-free. While it may look comprehensive; but, cashews and peanuts should be eradicated. You can have macadamia, walnuts, chestnuts and even pistachios. From another angle, you can start shifting towards millet and sorghum.
- The fourth pillar is the starches that are resistant. These include bananas and plantains. They are expected to boost the amount of good bacteria in our gut.
- The fifth pillar is fish and seafood that are caught from the sea/ocean. These are high in proteins, Vitamin D and contain as well a high amount of omega-3. But, the fish has to be caught from the ocean
- The sixth pillar is chicken that are pastured and eggs that are high in imega-3.
- Fruits are allowed but they have to be in-season! While many are found all year long like bananas, mangoes, papaya and avocados, others are only available during specific seasons or months. So, as long as you are respecting the course of nature, you are on the right side.
- Southern European cow’s milk and goat milk are allowed. As for meat, Steven recommends nothing more than four ounces of meat from animals that are pastured.
- The top of the pyramid includes red wine and some alcoholic beverages. These are rich in polyphenols and can offer a great protective measure to your heart.
The Diet plan of Dr. gundry’s system
When you decide to follow Grundy’s ways to live healthy, you need to understand many factors. First of all, you have to know that his diet, unlike the 21 day beach body diet, relies on three different phases:
- The Teardown Phase: This stage spreads over the first six weeks and obliges you to be very strict with your first two weeks. During this step, you need to rely on proteins, veggies that have no starch, and the healthy kinds of fat such as nuts, avocados and olive oil. As for the first two strict weeks, you will need to also remove grains, fruits and sugar. After these harsh 14 days, you can start introducing the last two forbidden food: fruits and grains. The teardown phase is supposed to give you a good start in your weight loss regimen.
- The Restoration Phase: During this phase, you are expected to start doing a shift towards the type of food that doesn’t contain a lot of calories. So, you will shift your diet from high-calories ones to a low-calories one. This is the phase that will put you on the right track that will end up being your lifestyle. That’s when you lower your animal intake and start making the shift towards a leafy intake. You are also expected to lower your intake in grains and legumes as well as dairy food. The restoration phase stretches from week seven to week twelve. However, Steven thinks that you can still follow this phase up until you have the healthy weight. If you believe that this dietary system is not the right one for you, you can take a look at the F-Factor diet reviews.
- The final Phase: This is the period where you start putting together your meals according to how they used to eat in old times. It is called the longevity period and relies on the idea that during the early years, people did not have access to proteins from animal sources on a daily basis. So, they were basing their meals on the abundance of raw food and plants. So, Steven announced his belief that when you follow such a dietary system, you are healthy and keep away from cardiovascular diseases. So, forget about diet pills and harsh diets and focus on living a healthy life like they used to do, in the past. This diet is expected to have great results for those who abide by its rules.
Dr Gundry diet evolution recipes
There are numerous recipes that fit the profile of the diet. Here are some ideas about what you can have when you are decided on the Gundry diet. Unlike the Abs diet recipes, Steven’s diet is based on specific ingredients that have to be looked for.
- Beets and carrots: This is an amazing salad that is boosted with nutrients. You can prepare it by mixing together some beets with their skin, carrots, ginger roots, walnuts, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Make sure that you do not cook any ingredient, including the beets.
- Coconut treats: This is one amazing dessert that you can easily prepare at home. The way to prepare it is by melting some coconut oil, adding some dark chocolate, and adding walnuts, cocoa chips and coconut chips.
- Healthy crackers: These are powerful snacks that are made of almond flour, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, salt, olive oil and egg whites. These crackers could easily be used in the Amanda Cerny diet.
- Tasty muffins: These are special kinds of muffins that are made of turkey sausages, spinach, omega-3 pastured eggs, olive oil, garlic, Italian spices, onions, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Potato Hash: This is an amazing recipe that you do not find in Budwig diet recipes. It is simple to prepare and is made of the following ingredients: sweet potatoes, olive oil, paprika, turmeric, sea salt, onions, black pepper, garlic, scallions and chopped pepper. On the side you can add tempeh bacon that is very fast to prepare. This bacon is gluten free and lectin free. All you need to prepare it are some tempeh, coconut aminos, olive oil, rice vinegar, sea salt, paprika, black pepper, stevia, cayenne and coconut oil.
Dr. Gundry diet review
Just like for any diet, Dr. Grundy’s system has been under some attack despite the positive reviews of many. This doctor wrote the book based on his belief that he found the root cause of most illnesses. He also believes that he has a solution for living healthy. His book has been sold in large amounts and people who have been following his system swear by its benefits. While Steven is a reputable doctor, he could be going a little too far with his paradox thinking. People who bought the book state that it has changed their entire life and improved their health. They do feel more energetic and feel positive about their lives. Others believe that the book is a comprehensive way for dealing with heath and weight issues. Many have lost more than 30 pounds while following this evolutionary diet. Finally, some state that the wanted to believe in the power of this book; but, unfortunately, it did not work for them.
When you decide to follow a healthy path, it can be very tricky to find the perfect ways. There are several health books, published by doctors who state that they have found the secret to healthy living and longevity. While many can be harsh to follow, others could be simple. The most important thing is for you to believe in the power of the diet you are following.