Coconut oil is harvested from copra, the dried coconut flesh. The oil is saturated with a type of fatty acids known as medium-chain fatty acids. There are various differences between this type of fatty acids and the long chain ones. While the long chain fatty acids are not always good for you, the healthy saturated fats found in coconut oil are associated with improved health.
How to Use Coconut Oil to Shed Some Pounds
It is likely that your coconut oil will become solid if kept at temperatures below 75F. Take a spoonful of coconut oil per day as part of your diet.
Make sure you do not eat for approximately an hour after you take coconut oil. By eating coconut oil, it will help curb your appetite and you will feel fuller faster.
- If you weigh approximately 120 lbs., one tablespoonful of coconut weight loss remedy will be enough.
- For people who are closer to 150 lbs, one and a half tablespoonfuls of coconut oil will produce best results for them.
- For people who weigh more than 150 lbs., two tablespoonfuls of coconut oil will be necessary for the best results.
What is a coconut Oil smoothie?
A coconut oil smoothie is a fruit smoothie with coconut oil as its main ingredient. A well-prepared coconut smoothie also contains additional fruits and green vegetables to make it a delicious and nutritious smoothie.
how to do coconut oil pulling
To get the best results for coconut oil pulling, follow these steps:
- Prepare about one or two tablespoonfuls of coconut oil.
- Pour the oil into your mouth, but do not swallow. You can add a little bit of toothpaste to improve the taste.
- Keep swishing the mixture in your mouth for approximately 15 minutes.
- Spit out the mixture and rinse your mouth with a glass of water.
- After that, brush your mouth the normal way
when to eat coconut oil smoothies
A coconut smoothie can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Like any other smoothie, it will work best when taken at breakfast, before and after physically straining activities. Some people also prefer to drink their fruit smoothies a few minutes before meals.
How do coconut oil pills and coconut water work?
Long-chain fatty acids are a culprit of weight gain. However, coconut oil pills contain an abundant of fats known as medium-chain fatty acids, which can be beneficial to your health and offset weight gain.
The fatty acids found in coconut oil are easy for your body to burn and are less likely to be stored in the body as fat. The very fact that coconut water contains fats helps in curbing excess appetite. It also acts as a source of the energy. These characteristics of coconut water make it a good choice to help reach your health goals.
Does coconut oil increase metabolism?
Coconut oil increases the rate of metabolism. When a body is at rest, the amount of calories converted into usable energy is known as rest energy expenditure. Coconut oil increases the metabolic rate and as a result, brings about a decrease in weight.
How much does coconut oil cost?
You can expect to spend anywhere from $3 to $15 for an average bottle of coconut oil. A bottle in this price range should be enough to take you through a month, assuming that you are taking the dosage before every meal.
What are the effects of taking coconut oil?
- Coconut oil boosts the metabolic rates in the body. This makes it unnecessary to go for other sources of energy, which might bring about unwanted weight gain.
- Coconut oil pills work by curbing hunger and in turn, decreasing the amount of food intake.
- The oils contained in coconut water are easily digestible. They also bring about an enhanced food digestion and absorption process.
- Some studies have shown that coconut oil regulates the balance of body hormones. Hormones play a vital role in the regulation of moods.
- Coconut oil is known to help in the regulation of blood sugar. This is a vital necessity especially for people with diabetes and epilepsy.