Why is breakfast important?
As soon as you open your eyes in the morning, you start your day. Many of you who want to lose weight believe that by skipping breakfast, they are eating way less and therefore, will end up losing weight. The logic behind such an idea is the less you eat, the more you lose weight.
With time, studies have come to study in more depth the human body and its behavioral science. So, the rationale changed from how much people eat to what people eat. Your food choices are the determinants of your weight loss and gain. Following this new finding, nutritionist started advising people to eat less sugar or eat more proteins, or even not eat fats. The ideas were starting to become more clear.
Now, and with more advanced studies, the world has discovered that not only does the choice of your food affect your weight loss; but also, the time you are having your meals.
One of the very recent studies showed that people who eat three meals per day with two snacks in between tend to gain weight over time possibly. This is of course when you do not pick the right options. On the other hand, those who ate two meals per day tended to lose weight. From another angle, part of the study’s findings is the fact that participants who were having breakfast as their most significant meal are the ones who made the most significant progress in their weight loss.
Another study worked with 93 overweight women. They all consumed the same amount of calories but at different times. Some had their biggest meal in the morning while other had it at night for dinner. The results showed that while both groups lost weight; the most significant weight loss was among people who focused on having a massive breakfast. This team showed lower belly fat, more contained hunger level, and a better fasting blood glucose level.
So, as a result of many studies, one can conclude that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Consuming more calories during the day and less during the night can be an advantageous method of losing weight. There are a lot of options to pick from. You can have a high protein breakfast; or, even a drink. There are many recipes that can help you prepare your quick breakfast and run to work.
Best Breakfast Shakes and smoothies for weight Loss
Starting your day with a great weight loss shake is a great idea. It is somehow an easy Breakfast and can be an excellent way for energy packing. A shake can also be a part of a high protein diet. Here are some options for you to consider:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake: this drink will offer you a lot of proteins from soy milk, peanut butter and the protein powder. The recipe provides your body with 228 calories and only 7.5g of fat. It also gives you 16g of proteins and 5g of fibers. Here is what you need: one cup of mixed berries, one or two big spoons of peanut butter, 1/4th a cup of protein powder, two big spoons of oat and one cup of milk.
- Spinach Flax Protein Shake: This is a great and clean shake that gives you 230 calories, eight grams of fat, nine grams of proteins, and 19g of proteins. To prepare this drink you need one cup of unsweetened almond milk, some spinach leaves, 1/4th a cup of frozen mango, one big spoon of flax seeds, one big spoon of chia seeds, one scoop of protein powder and ½ a frozen banana.
- Skinny High-protein Oreo Milkshake: This is one sensational shake that cannot be missed. It only contains 211 calories and 3g of fat with 19g of proteins. To prepare it, you have to mix 250g of non-fat cottage cheese, one cup of skim milk, three Oreo cookies, one small spoon of vanilla and one small spoon of truvia. It is a very simple guilt-free drink! Keep in mind that you will need a cottage cheese that does not contain salt. If you cannot find any, you can replace it with non-fat ricotta cheese. If you want to add sugar instead of truvia, you can do it and it’s the same amount. For a better taste, you may want to chill it for at least one hour.
Best Breakfast Food for Weight Loss
Now that we have established that eating breakfast is a very essential meal, you need to understand what the best options are. Here are the top five food items:
- Raspberries: This is one super food. One cup of this fruit offers you eight grams of fiber. This is almost the same amount as beans. Many studies have linked consuming a breakfast high in fibers t weight loss and fighting off hunger throughout the day.
- Oatmeal: This choice can help you lose weight in two ways. First of all, it is high in fibers. Second of all, it will help you release carbs slowly in your system. This will prevent any blood glucose spike; so, as a result, insulin levels will also remain in the normal range. You can check slow carb diet before and after.
- Yogurt: Several studies have been praising the effect of yogurt on weight loss. It is high in proteins, and you can prepare it with Raspberries for the best breakfast option.
- Peanut Butter: According to Harvard, nuts are among the best options for weight loss. You can add it to your oatmeal or on top of whole grain toast. It does provide slow-release carbs.
- Eggs: This protein source is an excellent ingredient for having a filling breakfast. It helps you feel full for a longer period of time and will trigger weight loss. You can boil some for the least greasy form of breakfast. Eggs, on the other hand, are highly nutritious and provide the body with several essential nutrients. It may be a part of a fast metabolism diet plan.
Best Breakfast Smoothie for Weight Loss
Smoothies are excellent ways to mix a whole bunch of fat burning foods and mix them until smooth; then, just chill the drink and enjoy. There are so many ways you can prepare your juice. At least you will not have to wait for a pill to get the Garcinia Cambogia benefits. You can just be creative with your juices and fruits and you are on for a great weight loss program. Here are a few options for you to consider that will help you lose weight and feel refreshed.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie: This one contains one cup of frozen peaches, one cup of Greek yogurt, 1/4th a cup of oatmeal, a cup of almond milk and a little vanilla extract. It contains 330 calories and 4 grams of fat.
- Coconut Mango Shake: This is a yummy breakfast that brings together two big spoons of chia, one cup of coconut milk, a little vanilla extract, a cup of chopped mango and a small spoon of coconut flakes. Each serving contains 235 calories and 11g of fat with 12g of fibers and 7g of proteins.
- Berry Banana Smoothie: The juice contains a banana, ½ a cup of strawberries, ½ a cup of blueberries, ½ a cup of raspberries, one apple slices and a cup of almond milk. The serving contains 330 calories with three grams of fat, 14g of fiber, four grams of proteins and 77g of carbs. This drink is a detox one; you may want to check the detox definition.
- Skinny Orange Drink: This one contains one orange pealed, one small spoon of vanilla extract, one small spoon of honey, 1/4th a cup of almond milk, 1/4th a cup of Greek yogurt, and ½ a cup of ice. It contains 129 calories with 0g of fat and 10g of proteins.
- Creamy Chia Seeds Pina Colada: This is one exotic morning drink that will surely improve your day. It contains one big spoon of Chia, one cup of coconut Milk, one cup of frozen pineapples, ½ a cup of Greek yogurt, one small spoon of coconut flakes, and a lime wedge for decoration. It contains 290 calories and 15g of fat with 16g of proteins and 7g of fibers.
- Chocolate, Banana and Almond Smoothie: This contains a cup of unsweetened almond milk, one frozen banana, one big spoon of fat-free chocolate syrup, one big spoon of almond butter and some ice. This drink contains 151 calories with five grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber, and three grams of proteins.
- Banana Ginger Smoothie: This one does not only help soothe digestion, heartburn and nausea but can also make you feel full until lunchtime. It is a simple recipe that includes 1 banana, ¾ a cup of vanilla yogurt, one big spoon of honey and ½ small spoon of ground ginger. It is only 150 calories with one gram of fat and 5g of proteins.
- Orange Smoothie: this option is the perfect drink when it is hot outside or if you went for a morning walk. You combine 1 orange, ½ a cup of fat-free yogurt, ¼ a small spoon of vanilla extract and some ice cubes. It has 160 calories, with three grams of proteins, three grams of fibers, and one gram of fat.
- Green tea, Blueberry smoothie: This drink is very high in antioxidant. You can bring together water, a green tea bag, two small spoons of honey, one a half cup of frozen blueberries, ½ a banana and ¾ cup of soy milk. The drink contains 269 calories with only 2.5 g of fat and eight grams of fibers.
If you would like to know more about how celebrities lose weight while juicing, you may want to check the Gigi Hadid weight loss regimen. You can also check Parineeti chopra weight loss diet. Whatever their diet regimen is, they always couple it with a good workout plan. Whether it is simple cardio or more advanced weight lifting, physical activity has to be a part of their new healthy lifestyle.