What are cardio workouts?
When you decide to use cardio exercise as a method for maintaining the health of your heart, this can help you accomplish something really significant. When you maintain a healthy heart, you maintain a healthy life and ensure a long happy life. From another angle, exercising will help you de-stress, get rid of depression and curb your appetite.
The primary thing when you plan a cardiovascular workout is to set your target heart rate. You can elevate your heart rate to the target level. When it is set at that level, you need to keep it steady for at least 10 minutes. There are many important cardio workouts you can choose from.
But what is cardio? This workout is a physical exercise that can be of low intensity or high intensity. It refers to the use of oxygen to meet the need of energy while working out by using the aerobic metabolism. This type of workout can be done over an extended period and has many health benefits.
- Cardio exercises work on making your muscles strong, especially the ones involved in breathing as you need to ease the flow of air to provide enough oxygen to your body and muscles.
- Helping your heart muscle by making it firm and enlarged. This will reduce the resting heart rate and boost the pumping productivity.
- Providing the body with better blood circulation
- Reducing blood pressure
- Increasing the total number of red blood cells
- Helping to manage your stress levels and decreasing your risks for depression.
- Boosting your mental health and improving your cognitive capacities.
- Lowering the risk of diabetes type-2 and lowering the levels of HbA1c.
- Helping increase your workout endurance
- Increasing the blood flow to the muscles
- Helping the muscles use fat as an energy source during exercising
- Recovering faster after high intensity working out
Best Cardio activities for weight loss
When you decide to use cardio exercising as a method for weight loss, you can check out the different regimens that exist and what would be the total number of calories burned when following each. Here are the best ten exercises that are divided according to whether you are just starting or you have been working out for a while.
For beginners, the easiest way to lose weight using cardio is:
- Walking: when you walk at a speed of 4.2 for an hour, you can burn 360 calories. Walking is the excellent beginning for cardio workout. When it is warm outside, you can go for a walk in the outdoors and enjoy the scenery; when it is too cold, you can head to the gym and use the treadmill. You may want to start at a speed of 3.0 and increase your speed gradually.
- Step aerobics: when you use the step method at your ease, you can burn around 375 calories per hour. When you increase your intensity, you can go up to 600 calories per hour. You may want to get yourself a good workout on a DVD or YouTube. You can do this activity in a very simple manner by just stepping at your place while watching a movie or sitcom. This is a good cardio.
- Elliptical training: when you move slowly on an elliptical machine, you can burn 425 calories per hour. When you go a little faster, you can burn around 600 calories for the same time. The machine is great for beginners. You may want to start slow and increase your speed along the way. It is a great way to improve your fat loss.
After you start getting used to exercising and have worked your way toward endurance, you can start working out using different methods. You may try some of these that will not cost you a membership at a gym. Remember, you can always check the 1000 calorie a day diet; but it is better to know the exact caloric intake needed to have a good workout. You can check the Amber Portwood weight loss regimen if you want to imitate what celebrities do to succeed in their goals.
- Running: when you run at a medium speed of 5 miles an hour, you can end up burning 600 calories per hour. This type of exercising is one of the best cardio work outs.
- Biking: this amazing workout can make you burn anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories per hour. All you need is to buy a bike and you are all set. This is a simple exercise and a lot of people enjoy doing it. You can even incorporate it in your daily activities as you can use the bike instead of your car. This can save you both money and fuel.
- Jumping rope: this is another great cardio machine that can help you burn up to 660 calories in one hour. It is not expensive and can be a great way to get yourself fit and increase your heart rate.
For high calorie burning cardio workouts, you may want to pick among the following options:
- Skiing: this is a special and fun workout that can let you burn 660 calories an hour. The positive side of it is that you can end up skiing for several hours without feeling tired. You can go it with your friends and family and enjoy a full day.
- Swimming: this is one of the best calorie-burning cardio workouts. You can lose about 800 calories per hour. It is easy for those having joint problems and is a great workout for anyone at any age. It is a full body workout that helps in keeping you cool and refreshed while toning your muscles.
- Kickboxing: this is one intensive work-out that can help you burn 750 calories per hour. You can get a video and boxing bag or enroll in a class. While burning off your extra pounds, you will stretch your muscles, and train yourself in self-defense.
- Rowing: this is a great full body workout that can help you burn 660 calories per hour. This workout helps stretch your muscles and raise your heart rate. You may want to ask staff members at the gym how to use the machine. You also may want to start with a 10 to 15 minutes workout and increase the time gradually. This workout has to be a part of your cardio plan.
Best Cardio exercises for weight loss
When you are building up a weight loss routine, you ought to think about the best possible cardio exercises. While this regimen is in general a great way to burn calories, there is always a good unique option for you. When you want to lose fat, especially stubborn fat, you should do your searches as to what should be your workout. You may also want to look for a good weight loss regimen. You may check the 7-day cabbage soup or even the 21 days fix diet plan.
Keep in mind that when you do high-intensity cardio workouts, you will burn more calories and more fat. You will also increase your metabolic rate while working out and even after you are done. One of the newest cardio training is HIIT. This refers to High-Intensity Interval Training. It is the best way to burn fat. The way it works is by incorporating high-intensity components for a maximum workout and results. As a result, you will increase your metabolic rate for an entire 24 hours. Keep in mind that you need to drink amply to provide your body with the required hydration. For a great workout and body sculpting result, you may want to check the Dwayne the rock Johnson diet.
Here is an example of a HIIT workout when you use cycling:
- First, you need to start at a moderate to high intensity for two minutes (about 80% of MHR).
- Then, quickly alter the intensity to increase your heart rate for a period of 30 seconds to one minute (About 90% of MHR).
Repeat the process over and over for a period of 30 minutes.
What is a Cardio Circuit?
A cardio circuit is a fantastic way to use cardio exercises for the sake of burning 30% more calories. It is a fun way of exercising and keeps you away from a boring workout plan. There are many circuits, and each one has its own goal.
For example, if you aim to melt fat and firm your muscles, you need to do the strength moves for one minute each in a given order. Between each strength move, you need to do one minute of cardio. You will end up burning 360 calories in 36 minutes.
If you’re looking for a little extra sculpting, you are supposed to make the strength moves for one minute each, one after the other according to the plan. You alternate between them without resting or doing any other exercising. You will burn 210 calories for 24 minutes.
Finally, if you want to blast calories, you will do five minutes of each low, medium and high-intensity cardio with a 10 seconds break. This will make you burn about 330 calories in 30 minutes.
There are many different workout exercises like:
- The low sidestep that targets the butt and legs.
- a kneeling row that targets the back and shoulders. You may need to use weightlifting in this one.
- Static lunge with a twist that targets the butt, legs, and core.
- Plank life that focuses the core, legs, and chest.
- Hand walk that aims the chest, shoulders, core, and arms.
- Runner squat that targets the butt, legs, and shoulders
When you follow a cardio workout for weight loss, you need to understand that what and when you eat are very essential. For example, your pre-workout has to be low in fat and high in carbs. You should not follow the best low carb diet if your plan includes cardio. If you have diabetes, you may need to check the 1200 calorie diabetic diet.