What is Yoga?
When diet and exercising fads come and go, you start wondering how useful they can be. Bodybuilding can be, sometimes, a personalized system; however, there is only one technique that has been embraced for more than 5000 years. Yes, I am talking about yoga!
Yoga is a mind-body discipline that mixes stretching and strengthening together. It adds in some deep breathing, meditation, and relaxation. This is one of the oldest wellness practices; it has been embraced as a stepping stone in the world of wellness and spiritualism. There are so many different poses; actually, more than 100 types. While some are calm and relaxing, others are fast and intense. You need to get your body used to it and go with it gradually!
There are many kinds. These are:
- Power: This is the fast kind of poses that help you build muscles.
- Ashtanga: This is the kind of poses that you do with special breathing techniques.
- Bikram: this is hot yoga. It has to be practiced in a heated room and included 26 poses. This is why we call it hot yoga.
- Iyengar: this is the kind of yoga that obliges you to use blocks, straps, and chairs. It directs you to align your body correctly.
- Vinyasa: These are the different poses that are brought together to flow smoothly.
- Hatha: This is the most common type of yoga, and it involves basics movements that you team up with breathing.
You can pick the best yoga type for your body. It all depends whether you want it smooth and relaxing or fast and challenging. Yoga can target many areas of your body like your legs, glutes, back, arms, and core. Having your morning yoga can be a life-changing experience.
Yoga is not a sport, and it is not competitive. You do not need to compare yourself to others in your class. Anyone can go for it as it does not put any pressure on the joints. It inevitably takes a lot of strength to hold your body at a particular position; but, with continuous efforts, you can strengthen your muscles and end up with a well-balanced body.
Yoga is not similar to aerobics; however, it has many health benefits! It does help you improve your flexibility. This strength will come with regular exercising! You can pick yoga online and search for posted videos that you can follow.
Yoga does not need a unique setting or a gym; you can do your poses anywhere you are. You don’t need any equipment because these poses rely on your own body as resistance. The only thing you might need is a mat, especially if you are doing it outdoors. Whatever your preferences are, there is a type of yoga that can suit your body and lifestyle. This discipline will help you gain flexibility, strength and will direct you to a holistic fitness world. Once you embark on its journey, yoga can change your life. You will no longer worry about forskolin reviews or other pills.
Health Benefits of Yoga
Aside from helping your body gain flexibility and strength, you might ask yourself “is yoga enough?” to promote health? Yoga has so many health benefits for anyone who embraces it as a daily habit. And you should! Yoga can help you:
- Protect your posture: Yoga enables you to get rid of poor posture that can lead to back and neck pains.
- Prevents joint degeneration: This could lead to arthritis.
- Protects your spine: This can be achieved by a well-done asana practice.
- Promotes bone health: Yoga can protect your bones by lowering the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone. This will help keep the calcium in the bones.
- Increase your blood flow: This regimen will help to increase the levels of hemoglobin and red blood cells. It will also make your platelets less sticky. So, yoga will help to lower the risk of heart attacks and stroke. If you have kidney issues, you might want to check the renal diet menu.
- Draining the lymph and improving your immune system: while doing your yoga poses, you tend to stretch the muscles and move the organs in and out. As a result, your lymph will become drained.
- Increases your heart rate: this will improve your cardiovascular health. It can also relieve you from depression.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Regulates your adrenal glands: These glands secrete cortisol. When these are high, they will weaken the immune system. A small boost of the hormone will improve your memory; however, a long-term increase will lead to memory loss.
- Makes you happy: it increases your level of serotonin while lowering your levels of monoamine oxidase. A professor at the University of Wisconsin shoed that this kind of holistic practice will heighten the activity of the mediators in the left prefrontal cortex. This will make you happier and boost your immune system.
- Lowers your blood glucose levels.
- Helps you focus: those who meditate will experience improved coordination, reaction time, memory and IQ score.
- Induces mindfulness.
Benefits of Yoga for weight loss
In addition to all those health benefits that yoga has on people, one can be very surprised to link this holistic discipline to weight loss. It is true. Many researchers have found amazing results linking these two together. The pathway for that weight loss is not the common one. It is never about how many calories you eat and how much you burn. Actually, you will never ask yourself how many calories should I eat to lose weight.
First of all, yoga changes the way you look. Both your shape and size will differ dramatically. People who go on a yoga journey stop looking at the scale, looking for the perfect number. They stop their 1200 calorie diabetic diet and embrace a wellness route with this discipline.
Yoga increases your self-worth feelings. Many poses help in curbing your appetite without letting you think about whether phentermine works. From another angle, it promotes the good level of cortisol by keeping it low. This will help us burn belly fat. When you hold your yoga pose for a longer period of time, you burn more body fat than regular stretching exercises. A published study showed that men who did yoga and breathing lost four pounds of weight in as little as ten days. Talk about yoga for quick weight loss.
Yoga, unlike exercises, focuses on both the mind and the body. It focuses on deep breathing the practice of mindfulness. What you end up having is fat burning yoga.
Here are a few tips for doing it the right way:
- Wear whatever you want when you do your poses.
- Forget about what other people are thinking and do your practices.
- People at any size can start their journey. Not only thin people can do yoga.
- Look for a good teacher.
- Nobody is bad at yoga.
- Find your own flow of styles and pick whatever you feel more comfortable doing.
- Show up and start. The most difficult part of doing yoga is to get to the mat; the rest is simple.
- Practice and Practice.
Yoga exercises for beginners
If you are starting your journey with yoga; then, you must know that there are some poses that are beginner ones. These can be simple to practice. After all, the more often you try them, the more success you will get.
- Bharadvajas Twist
- Bridge Pose
- Cat Pose
- Chair Pose
- Child Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Conqueror Breath
- Corpse Pose
- Cow face Pose
- Cow Pose
- Downward Facing Dog
- Easy Pose
- Extended Puppy Pose
- Extended Side Angle Pose
- Fish Pose
- Garland Pose
- Gate Pose
- Half lord of the Fishes Pose
- Happy Baby Pose
- Hero Pose
- High Lunge
- High lntense Side Stretch Pose
- Lunge Crescent variation
- Legs-up-the-wall pose
- Lion Pose
- Locust pose
- Low Lunge
- Mountain Pose